Is a fair trial possible in Minneapolis?

Sleep apnea is not an overdose.

Anyway, what’s the argument here, he decided to take a little nap and died of CSA?

Shouldn’t hold the officer responsible for what he was taught and trained to do by the police department, blame the department.

So that’s a yes then? If a department sets anything as policy, it can never be a crime?

I’m just glad that cannabis doesn’t kill me when I OD on it every night before bed. lol

Is an impartial jury possible in Minneapolis?

Months of riots the burned large portions of the city and killed several people say otherwise. A city council that gave away an enormous civil settlement says no as well.

If an impartial jury is impossible then there can be no conviction.

The requirement of an impartial jury is secured not only by the Sixth Amendment, which is as applicable to the states as to the Federal Government,132 but also by the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment,133 and perhaps by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment. In addition, the Court’s has directed its supervisory power over the federal system to the issue.134 Even before the Court extended the right to a jury trial to state courts, it was firmly established that, if a state chose to provide juries, the juries had to be impartial.135
RIGHT TO TRIAL BY IMPARTIAL JURY | U.S. Constitution Annotated | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Possible? Yes. Probable. Doubtful.

Of course it’s possible. What does rioting or civil settlements have to do with impartiality?

The jury has already been selected.

I wish people would stop repeating this insane claim that there was a lethal amount of opioids in his system. It is so terribly disingenuous and shows that whoever is repeating it has zero understanding of tolerance or worse just trying to confuse people with false statements.

Anyone who has taking opioids for any amount of time or suffering from an active addiction is going to have “Lethal amount of opioids” In their system.

It can be, if any reasonable person had a reason to believe it was a crime. What reason to believe it was did he have?

Um, that you shouldn’t choke people to death seems pretty much like common sense to me.

The fact that so many cops just stood around and watched a man get murdered really destroys that “most cops are good” fantasy.

It’s starting to seem like a lot of US cops are below average intelligence bully’s who crave authority on top of being cowards who can’t handle any bit of danger with out panicking

1 Like

Stayed on for another minute+ after EMTs arrived, as I recall.

And he was already in handcuffs.

If I put my knee anywhere on your neck besides the front, no airway restriction happens. If he died from not being able to breathe it was the cop on his back, not the one on his neck.

Sounds familiar…been saying that about libs for nearly 16 years here.

1 Like

Training and policy said he should keep him there until the EMT takes over.

is a fair trial possible anywhere?

i would say… no.

that does not negate the fact that he should be tried and in my opinion is guilty of 3rd degree murder. Although I think manslaughter would be a better fit.

Ya, providing health care for the poor and giving gays right, what bullies :crazy_face:

Get woke…

Bout as woke as possible already

I suspect you are right about Derek Chauvin’s ability to get a fair trial in Minneapolis. Is there talk of moving his trial to another venue?

IIRC This well known one was as it was difficult to find a judge not acquainted with his victim in the tri county area the courthouse murders took place: