Iran’s Proxies in Iraq Threaten U.S. With More Sophisticated Weapons

Oh, I see.

So, to my understanding, the previous payment to Iran was a one-time payment of sequestered funds.

At this time, there is no reason to think Iran would receive additional American money.

Also, Bibi is not a good faith reference for what will happen. He has an agenda.

FINALLY: if Iran agreed to discard it’s nuclear program for money, would that be a bad investment?

No, the conversation did not ‘morph’. The discussion was about the geopolitics of Iran, and whether the focus should be on Iran as a moral actor, or Iran as a strageic actor.

The counter to the notion that Iran must be held to a moral standard is the fact that the US does not hold itself to that standard.

This.

The Iran deal is a money making scheme for Iran, to deny that is disingenuous, lifting sanctions helps them financially. This we do it so why judge them crap doesn’t fly with me.

I don’t disagree, but also that is a very naive way to conduct foreign policy.

1 Like

It wasn’t even a ‘payment’. The money was always Iran’s.

Iran is nothing more than a terrorist state who wants us dead call that whatever you want. Khomeini himself said it.

Funny considering I never brought that up. But that money was held for all the Americans they killed over the years.

And now we’re no longer discussing the reality of Iran’s position in the region, US strategic interests, or Iran’s.

Furthermore, as I initiated above, Iran as a regional power pole may very well serve US interests over the long term. It immediately changes the strategic positions of the Asian powers.

Actually it doesn’t you don’t give money to people who want us dead.

You understand that I’m not replying to you, there, right?

There is no strategic reason to deal with them they are a bunch of fanatics

This is, of course, moral posturing, edgar, as well as complete balderdash.

You can literally watch videos of Khomeini calling us the great Satan and that all Americans should die! You want to legitimize this a geo political lunatic? Dude makes Sadam look sane.

Pronunciations like these are like a cat purring to soothe itself. They are reflexive, empty signaling.

I would gladly discuss the geopolitics, though.

There are none. That entire nation wants us dead and as soon as they get nukes they very well may use them on us.

Okay, if this post is true, you must discard the talking point that the current administration is paying Iran. Lifting sanctions allows them to participate in the global economy, which is different from direct payments.

I would also note that Iran is currently doing what it does, even under the current sanctions. And in fact, they have been one of the most heavily sanction countries in the world for decades now. That is the point of the Iran deal: let us try something different. Maybe if we lift the pressure from the population, they will invoke change from within.

This is not a geopolitically valid claim. It is not justified by the facts of Tehran’s decisions.

This is just a kind of banner waving. Which is fine, but the geopolitics is just more interesting.

That is simply not true. There is a vibrant middle class in Iran that just wants to raise their families in peace and make some money.

But even if it were true, and we have been doing the same thing for 40 years without resolution, perhaps it is time to try something different?

1 Like

Lifting sanctions helps them financially! It helps them fund more terroristic endeavors period the end! They have no allegiance to anyone outside of themselves and Allah, they have a religious fanatic running that country, they are the last people you should be investing in, hell outside of Egypt, Jordan, and Israel you can’t trust anyone in that region.