Inflation at a 40 year high

That’s because he is in a competitive business. If he raises the wages of his employees and his competition doesn’t, he will lose that .40 to .60 cents per item plus lose business because his competitors sell comparable products cheaper. If the government forces everyone to raise the wages, everyone will raise their prices and the customers will pick up the tab.

Remember the MSM reporting about spending at Christmas was up about 8% over last year? Turns out 7% of that was inflation. :wink:

1 Like

.40 cents for 10 items to raise his staffs pay by $3-$4 a hour?

In other words, we have to pay less than a half a dollar more to eat so that his staff can make an additional 6-8000 a year?

And that’s bad because……?

1 Like

The feds gonna raise rates to make money more costly to get.

Allan

See those red things on the chart.

Beef prices went down.

Allan

To be more specific beef price went DOWN 3.81% between 2015 and 2017.

Beef Prices are cyclical.

Allan

Not as long as democrats are in power.

1 Like

At everything…

Polling reflects that fact.

“It’s an outlier, yes, but goodness me is today’s Quinnipiac poll a disaster for Joe Biden. His approval rating among adults is 33 percent. Among independents that’s 24 percent. Among Hispanics, it’s 28 percent. In November, 87 percent of Democrats approved of Biden. Today, it’s 75.”

The polling data seems to reflect that the country continues to see the clown in the White House as the failure that he is.

Couple that with columns by leftist pundits speculating that Hillary should run and Dems need a split ticket with Liz Cheney as VP???

Inflation, the border disaster, crime, just some of the many areas the senile old man in the White House has made a mess of. His response is to go to Georgia and give an angry speech accusing anyone who doesn’t agree with his needless voting rights bill if racism…

If that poll is right, if the clueless blunder is really at 33%…then he’s about 34% too high.

3 Likes

I often wonder when reality will hit with the debt. Whenever I see the debt graph I wonder if we are starting to see the new norm.

download

I don’t see how he is even at 33% everything has gotten worse since he was sworn into office.

2 Likes

The inflation # a year ago when the economy was recovering was 1.4 or 1.5 percent. (I ve heard two different #’s but either way it’s skyrocketed under Biden…remember when he swore he wouldn’t raise taxes on the middle class?). That’s why I said 33% is 34% too high.

Thank God for Manchin and Sinema standing up to that Build Back Bankrupt idiocy or it might be worse.

3 Likes

Imagine having to commute 1.5 hours a day in the Cal bay area and having to pay 5 bucks a gallon. Dems make people poorer…

2 Likes

The main reason I support Republicans is in defense of the poor. Democrats can’t hurt me much with their tax and spend but they can devastate the poor and middle class.

1 Like

I keep asking my grandparents if this is what the 70s felt like.

They always say yes.

This ■■■■ sucks. And certain commodities are never going back to pre-Covid levels.

2 Likes

Oh no, this is just a foretaste. Wait for the double digit interest rates to kick in to see real misery.

3 Likes

For real. Thank God I’m not going to be in the market for any sort of loans in the near future.

I feel bad for people who try to buy cars or homes in the next year or two.

2 Likes

When they raise rates the debt is going to skyrocket even higher will their ever be a come to Jesus moment with the debt or is it something that just grows forever.

Debt service will eat all discretionary spending pronto. This will be worse than the seventies by far, debt is much higher and so is the excess cash that needs to be burned.

My advice is buy some land and learn how to produce food.

At some point the house of cards has to fly apart.

The West done this to ourselves. I say West because the Europeans aren’t in any better shape than we are from a debt standpoint.