Inflation at a 40 year high

That is completely incorrect and ridiculous.

Yeah. This isn’t a liquidity problem. It’s a ‘just in time logistics break down under pressure’ problem.

Any other model creates logistics issues of its own.

All models are wrong. Some are useful.

Then you didn’t understand what I mean. It’s neither incorrect nor ridiculous. Government reaction in many instances borders on instinctive. This is especially true of the bureaucratic part of the government. It’s not right it’s not ok and it’s not proper and it sure can hurt more than it helps but it is absolutely true.

Problem is by the time they “return to normal” inflation will make current prices normal.

4 Likes

It’s good that you know that. Now consider the goals.

There were 100s of possible reactions and combinations here.

They lost their minds, were typically myopic and it was decided by one man.

They lost their minds and we followed along.

1 Like

Pre covid levels.

Of course it will.

Do you think inflation is here to stay long term?

Allan

Government does not have “instinct”. Bureaucracies are always reactive, brittle and self-serving.

They (he) followed the play book.

No it won’t.

1 Like

You won’t get too much of argument from me. May be decided by one man. But only a little bit of an argument but i said early in the pandemic that (as a son of an epidemiologist :grin: and it’s nothing personal against my dad) there should never ever been an epidemiologist of any kind heading a pandemic response. Their entire job is to make things sound and seem as bad as possible.

Fauci. Alone. He simply built a consensus.

I agree that’s why i said borders on instinct. Sometimes a reaction becomes difficult to differentiate from instinct but i agree

1 Like

Of course not. However, the prices caused by inflation certainly aren’t going to go down.

3 Likes

“New normal”

2 Likes

So you agree with me?

That’s a change.

Allan

Go back to pre-covid levels.

So gas prices won’t come down.

Of course they will.

Always have before.

Allan

Erases all of those wage increases and all of the minimum wage increases. I wonder what the buying power of $15.00 an hour is now… :thinking:

1 Like

Gas price was 2.53 December 17, 2019.

You don’t think we will return to that level?

Will the price of steel? The price of health insurance? The price of beef? The cost of labor?