Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Remember in The Temple of Doom when that dude was just reaching into people’s chests and taking their heart out? :rofl:

1 Like

The hearts virtually lept out towards his hand.

1 Like

There was a 1500 year old dude in one.

1 Like

If Indy, a 10 year old kid, and a lounge performer can survive a fall off a cliff with only a life raft to break their fall into a river 100s of feet below then Indy can survive the fridge. That’s how I see it.

5 Likes

The alien head could have encased him in a big orbi at that point, and I would have been cool with it.

1 Like

Even Revenge of the Fallen?

I think the main issue with Crystal Skull was just that the Soviets aren’t as interesting as archeology/occult villains as the Nazis were in earlier films.

Soviets make good bad guys in spy or military drama films. If something is dealing with the occult or ancient archeology they just don’t carry the story as well as Nazi Germany who were actually serious about stuff like that.

It grounded Raiders of the Lost Ark in some key ways because it was somewhat believable that a bunch of Nazis were running around looking for something like that.

It’s the reason they are commonly used or referenced in stories about ancient occult objects. Even Uncharted 2 on PS3 had a whole scene dealing with NAZIs in Tibet looking for Shambala. Which made perfect sense in the story considering the history of Himmler and the SS and some of their programs they actually spent money on.

I’m worried about this movie because apparently it’s going to involve time travel. And time travel is a very difficult concept to execute in a movie. Most time travel movies are frankly bad. Only a handful manage to get above the usual results. Stuff like T2 or Back to the Future are exceptions, not the rule.

And even when time travel works in a story, the writers have to come up with scenarios to hide the fact that time travel often makes no sense and the film has to break its own established rules to make the story function. T2 does this very well by making the time travel plot mostly in the background. Back to the Future does it by putting the central character in a very familiar place that doesn’t seem that different than his home time period.

I dunno how you’d do a globe trotting story like Indiana Jones with time travel.

Still I hope it will be good. I didn’t hate Crystal Skull as much as most people but it was still a very weak movie overall due to the villains.

I didn’t see that one. But was the movie bad because of him, or was it just a bad movie?

No one was good in that train wreck lol.

I don’t blame Shia that much. They didn’t even have a script to work with until a month into production. It ended up being written mostly by Michael Bay and he ain’t a good writer.

So everyone was universally awful and the movie was a critical ■■■■ show. Still made a ton of money though because Transformers.

Was that really more ridiculous than three people jumping out of an airplane using an inflatable raft as a parachute? Or a minecart flying 50 feet in the air and landing perfectly on the rails?

What!? Given some of the other things that happened in that movie, that one was one of the most believable. :wink: