In what way is Democrat leadership/policies better for the middle class?

I think you’re misunderstanding what Jezcoe is saying.

Did anyone suggest that a robber could commit another robbery while locked up in prison? The part where a career criminal can’t commit a crime while locked up is kind of hard to argue against.

Your first and second sentences appear to contradict.

How so?

this chart makes me sad…

Um…Zantax?

During the upward part of that sloping incarceration graph…crime rates were also skyrocketing.

The graph levels off in the mid-1990s…right when the crime rate dropped off.

Your cause and effect is completely wrong.

Why did you specify black people?

Because I’m demonstrating why his argument is specious with an equally specious argument.

Zantax.

Did you see what that poster did…he made it about race so then he can beat you with it.

Don’t play their games.

2 Likes

Just imagine what would happen if we took the $30-60k per person per year it takes to incarcerate someone and invested it in the communities where they are coming from.

But they’re not that stupid in most cases.

I see what you guys are saying. I would agree that being impoverished is a motivating factor to commit crime. It’s also a motivating factor to better yourself, but committing crime is much easier. The problem is what to do about it? As far as the first quote, what do you then do with the criminal? There is no easy answer and the justice system gives you no other choice but to take the more difficult route.

The number one predictor of future poverty is current poverty. I would argue that a guaranteed basic income would be the single best item that could be implemented for the benefit of all mankind. It’s not a panacea, but I think it would break the type of poverty that leads to poor schooling, drug use, poor work-life balance, and any other factor that leads to crime.

1 Like

There is a movement starting in district attorney circles that take into account the cost to the populous of incarceration when sentencing.

All to often it is politically easier to throw people in jail, because that is bring seen as being tough on crime.

But that costs resources that could otherwise be going into communities to make crime less likely to happen in the first place.

I would disagree that crime is easier. Not many people actually manage to lift themselves out of poverty with crime.

Actually your first three are illogical. Contradictory was the wrong word. On the one hand you attribute it to “congregating” (not the word I would use, but you are correct in my opinion.)

Then you turn around and want to disarm the country. Don’t bother denying the disarming - if one cannot carry, one is disarmed.

Does that make sense to you?

For starters work to drop the stigma, one of the top reasons that they repeat is that once they get out no one will hire them. So how else will they be able to support themselves?

:rofl: I love that bumper sticker.

Truth hurts, lib?

Well, it’s not the truth, so there’s that.

If you keep calling me names, I’m going to have to flag your posts.