In the cutting off you nose despite your face category

Actually Idaho is saying they won’t participate…which is fine.

Yes but that doesn’t prevent Powerball from allowing other countries in.

It now will prevent Idaho from participating.

Which is fine if that’s what they want to do.

If they put the money in…yes they should.

It’s called Powerball…not American Powerball.

So Idaho does allow Canada to participate in lotteries they take part in, seems simple enough to include Australia, which is just a hot Canada.

I don’t see the problem that Idaho apparently sees.

Each governing entity that gets $$ from the lottery can do what it wants with its share. I don’t see why Idaho cares what Australia does with its share. (And it seems to me that the concerns Idaho has about what Australia might do with its share would actually be more likely to happen in California or Massachusetts. Why hasn’t Idaho voiced concern about that?)

I just don’t see their point.

And DESPITE the typo in the thread title, I agree with the title’s sentiments.

If foreign countries are allowed in (Canada has been), it’s not a US lottery.

And this move isn’t going to prevent Powerball from letting Australia in. You think MUSL cares that Idaho is dropping out? Sydney alone has 5x the population of the entire state.

I do share their concerns that MUSL could let countries like China in, but a) that’s highly unlikely, I think and b) Idaho’s methods on how to affect change is silly. As another poster pointed out, liberal states likely put their share of the profits to uses Idaho doesn’t like.

This move hurts no one except Idaho.

That was never the issue.

It’s still not about sin taxes.

1 Like

Um…okay.

If you would actually read the posts you respond to, you wouldn’t go astray so often.

Hey, someone had to say it.

I did.

I responded to the part of your post where you said Australia was “cashing in on a ‘US’ lottery”.

It’s not a “US” lottery and hasn’t been for some time.

The rest was my personal opinion of the government of Idaho’s attempts to “influence”.

I don’t give a ■■■■ about the “sin tax” part of your argument.

See there? You did not read the posts. I was not who brought up sin taxes.

I know you didn’t bring up the sin tax.

Neither did I. I wasn’t addressing that part of your response…I was addressing the part where you incorrectly identified Powerball as a “US lottery”…so your response back to me was a non sequitur.

Hence my next response “Umm…okay”.

This a lot of effort on your part to avoid admitting your erroneous identification of Powerball as a “US lottery”.

I did? When?

Seems like you are getting awfully emotional about this silly topic.

Why?

I’m perfectly fine.

You misidentified it as a US lottery in the very post to which I first responded.

But of course you knew that…the game continues.

Because they wouldn’t want to have to deal with the fallout from that.

They who?

The Powerball was, despite being a tax on desperation (because only the lucky get ahead) or those bad at math, still among the few things in Oz not trying to kill people

1 Like