In case you're all wondering our host was just talking about this. Sanders rape essay

Yeah, this is probably going to stick at least a little bit. It’s silly, but purposefully misinterpreting a piece of writing is easy pickings.

I’m not sure how effective an attack this will end up being to be honest. I’m kind of hoping the GOP will play just a little too hard into the commie card and just faceplant, but who knows.

It would be a very interesting exercise to go back 30,40,50 years to see what others may have said and/or done in the past. I cite the oft-quoted suggestion that younger people are more left leaning at that stage of their life and move to the right as you get older.

You think they don’t do that now in politics?

Have you read any Edgar Allan Poe? Agatha Christie? Stephen King? etc. etc. etc.

Satire? Can’t buy that, even back in 72 rape 12 girl was serious.

Oh for those that said it was 48 years ago, look no farther then what democrats did to Romney about his high school days…filling up even news about cutting off some kid hair.

Why not? Serious subjects get satired.

I remember the Romney bullying attack ads, too. It’s fair to go back this far given it’s the new norm with presidential candidates.

1 Like

Difference IMO Romney was suppose to be in high school. Bernie was around 32 when he wrote this.

32 years old talking about rape anticipates of 12 year old?

Something isn’t right in the head…and I’m not buying that it’s satire.

1 Like

The difference is that Romney allegedly did something, and Bernie is just writing about something.

32 year old writing about rape of 12 year old is appealing, or how girls fantasies of being rape by 3 guys simultaneously.

Sorry, not buying it. Back in 60’s and early 70’s with with sexual revolution he thought it was sociable acceptable.

It wasn’t.

Out of the Kid Sniffer pan and into the Rape Fantasizer fire.

:rofl: :man_facepalming:

Literature doesn’t need to be socially acceptable.

Not that this essay is unacceptable or particularity raunchy in any way. It’s tamer than 8th grade literature class books set on plantations.

IMO he thought with sexual liberation at the time he could openly talk about his fantasies.

That is what I see.

Why do you think that?

My what a difference a decade makes.
Kavanaugh was 35 years ago, you © gave a crap then.

I haven’t forgotten what you © did.

1 Like

Nice use of the collective to justify false outrage over this stupid thing.

Not at all. Simply addressing the hypocrisy. You don’t get a Just Us system. One standard for all.

#bernietoo

1 Like

When someone comes forth with claim of rape then we can talk.

I will probably take the same opinion as I did with Kavenaugh in that no one can prove it. All that it proves was that Kavenaugh was a drunken frat ■■■■■■ when he was younger.

That doesn’t disqualify him from being a judge.

Go back and read those threads if you must.

So stop with the “collective” to justify silliness.

Reading the stupid essay clearly show that the wonder is at why a newspaper that publishes such a terrible act would sell so well.

So please stick with what is written and stop making up stuff that isn’t there.