Impeachment Article I on its way to adoption, Article II pending

That is not how it works, unfortunately for the President. The House acts as the Prosecutor, the Defendant is the President and the Senate the Jury.

The Defendant cannot ask the Jury to throw away indictments before the jury has even been called up.

She is doing them very well, from what I see.

I am reminded of the movie “The Untouchables”. Capone is on trial and he is happy as a clam because he has bought off the entire jury. No matter who they bring up to testify against him he never blinks because his exoneration is already guaranteed. Until this happens…

Here endeth the lesson, a great line from that movie.

Is she? By not following the Constitutional process?

There are no guidelines as to when to transmit, Sneaky. It is fully within her Constitutional right to have an abeyance. Any prosecutor has that right.

Any precedence?

I didn’t say anything about guidelines, torey. I said process. January 6th will be soon enough.

PM are not elected, they are appointed.
only 25,000 people in UK voted for Johnson.

There is evidence showing that people are wanting to move past this stuff. Trump has seen a bounce from this even if only a nudge. I am not sure if it’s a political wise idea to just keep this thing lingering forever.

1 Like

I think it’s great in terms of that bump becoming a groundswell.

That is also an option as well…

You know what…You have convinced me.

This is a pretty clever move.

I think Trump could well crack at this ingenious development.

:crystal_ball:

She has declared the President to be a criminal and the head of the Senate to be a rogue leader. Gee…that just leaves Nancy as the adult to run the country.

2 Likes

Hmmmm….is sitting on articles of impeachment that have been voted on “obstruction of justice”?

I am beginning to think she is.

She is much smarter than the people.

She is toying with Trump for her own bemusement.

If the President is impeached, it is now the Senates job to take over. There is nothing in the Constitution requiring any sort of transmittal from the House, once an impeachment is approved.

1 Like

Maybe…

Is the Jury colluding with the Defendant obstruction of justice?

It looks like they are mocking the process AND their philosophical foes by doing this.

I feel like I just watched someone shoot themselves in the foot and I have NO desire to help.

Sure they can. They ask the judge for a directed virdict in the case.

2 Likes

Right to a speedy trial.

hmmmm

Define speedy?