Immigration - US vs Other Countries - How is it other industrialized nations are able to function?

Lol yeah I am. You didn’t read what I wrote. You highlighted a passage I described, post curing. DLS is mostly urethane based, and that’s how you cure urethanes (TDIs and MDIs before you look up an article on single stage systems and start waving it around ), 4 hours at 250F is typical. Welcome to 1964 technology, apparently this is something I’m supposed to be wowed by lol.

DLS parts when they’re built have enough strength to basically hold their shape and that’s about it. About 15% of the resin is UV reactive and that’s how the part is formed. When they come out they’re “cheesy” and can easily be crushed in your hand.

There’s absolutely nothing revolutionary or interesting about the fact that urethanes go through heat curing.

You also still have the ~15% component that is UV reactive. DLS parts will degrade with exposure to heat and light, just more slowly than SLA.

And yes, I am quite familiar with additives for metals. What tolerances do you think you can hold with DMLS or binder jetting? On a ■■■■■■ CNC part, without any call outs ISO is ±0.005” w/125 Ra. That’s the basic ISO standard for CNC, you can hit that just by tossing your model into g code hitting the green button. That’s quick and dirty prototype one off tolerances and additive can’t get anywhere near that precise.

DMLS you are looking at ±0.010” over the first part inch with an additional ±0.002-3” for every additional part inch. So on a 5” part you’ll hit ±0.020” if you’re lucky and roughness of 150-400 Ra depending on your build orientation and you usually don’t get to choose your orientation, the part determines that.

So hey, I’m glad you’ve read some articles on this stuff. It’s not how it works in the real world. Let me know if you have any questions about any type of manufacturing process from an article you’ve read.

Here ya go Z, since you seem interested in bleeding edge additive tech, this is state of the art and 3M is the only company that can do it.

PTFE printing, better known as Teflon. This is a demo part given to me when I was at 3M to explore a joint venture. We backed out, it will never move beyond a niche application. If you have an application where you have impossible geometry and you have to use PTFE (mostly likely for its inertness) well, now you’ve got a solution . It’s not cheap, this little guy would sell for about $1500. 30-40% shrink rates, 9 days of post processing. It’s super cool and going nowhere. I told them to figure out how to print acetal and then they’ll have something they can sell.

No other country in the world that lasted anyways has between 12-22 million Illegals running around in their country it’s ridiculous that this hasn’t been taken care of and just kicked down the road for political gains while ignoring what the public wants. For whatever reason some want to turn the U.S. into the U.N. were vast swathes of people live apart from each other based on culture, religion, and skin color and tend to group up once arriving to the U.S. just as prisoners do when they enter the prison system.

We have become a nation of separate tribes which is one of the reasons the original settlers had and easy time with the indians. Who would deny at this stage of the game the country would be better renamed to the Divided States of America. God help us if a united country like China ever did decide to attack us down the road.

Having a nation of sick and overweight people is more of an issue than division via ethnic or linguistic group.

Funny thing about migrants some can be sick and overweight as well.

1 Like

True. It’s usually second gen immigrants that begin to mirror metabolic disease rates of Americans.

You see it through a political lens, I see it through an economics lens. We have illegals in the US because we encourage and reward them to come here by giving them jobs and money. We want our yards mowed and houses cleaned and homes built without paying what it really should cost to have someone else do that. So if you want to know why they’re here, look around at your neighbors and friends, local businesses, and maybe in the mirror.

Also, I’m not really worried about the low skilled labor and blah blah blah. I’m more concerned about the plethora of fake jobs.

It’s always cheaper to use slave labor, I mean, prisoners with jobs, that can be paid 20 cents an hour to do backbreaking field work. Best believe we’ll move to that system if the right wing ever succeeds in destroying our agricultural work force by deporting everyone.

:rofl: Just make it up and throw it at the fan.

?

1 Like

Not yet, but that metal process is starting to look interesting.

I agree up until the 12 million number that’s just to much, the Harvard-Yale study he referred to put it at 22 million that’s close to the population of Australia.

I think market forces determine how much illegal labor America will support. When they can’t find work, they leave like during the recession in the 00’s.

Market forces and the lack of will to enforce our laws. This by Republicans who want cheap labor and Democrats who want cheap labor and eventually votes.
For decades we have passed immigration laws to satisfy the masses and ignored them to satisfy the powerful.

Kill the scaremongering about brown people and appeal to the social conservatism of these catholic migrants, and Republicans will get a sizeable portion of those votes as well.

Your assumption is that Hispanics are all in favor of illegal immigration and will vote that way.
Florida is not the only place that disproves this.

Texas Republicans see increase in Latino voters | 12newsnow.com

1 Like

When there is enforcement it’s a repeat of our failed war on drugs strategy. They go after the people coming here for work. The ones who dangle the jobs don’t get near the level of attention. That’s by design, some of it I agree with. Let’s face it, much of the agricultural industry simply would stop functioning without illegal labor. The US economy hinges on it more than most people are willing to admit.

That’s not my assumption, at all.

There has been no sustained effort to enforce our immigration laws for many decades, so there is no example of how such an enforcement would work or fail.
Yes, even it would be possible to run agriculture without illegal labor. Change the laws on legal labor once it is proven that it is beneficial in a particular area…like agriculture…if it is so proven.

1 Like