IG report about FBI conduct ahead of the 2016 presidential election date set

Yes, the FBI supposedly knew the DNC had been hacked.

Was the FBI spying on the Clinton Campaign as well? How would they know? Why would the contracted IT technician ignore phone calls from the FBI?

“… a spear-phishing email authored by hackers with ties to Russia.” Not proven actually, just thought to be. Anyone can use old malware to look like a Russian hacker. Anyone can make their keyboard type in Russian accidentally on purpose.

https://www.thenation.com/article/a-new-report-raises-big-questions-about-last-years-dnc-hack/

I still don’t buy it.

–Konrad

You do realize the RNC tried the same thing with trump and failed hard right?

1 Like

Just as an FYI, it is proper etiquette to offer a synopsis of the material you are referencing or linking to. Most of us around here are hesitant to just randomly click on links that are not summarized by the forum’s software, and/or that lacks a synopsis by the poster offering up said links.

No, the FBI was monitoring Russian hacking groups. The evidence pointing to an internal leak is scant at best. It is easily explained away with rational arguments, ignores the mountain of evidence that contradicts it. VIPS (some of them, a number of the people in the report didn’t sign on, see here: https://www.thenation.com/article/a-leak-or-a-hack-a-forum-on-the-vips-memo/#vips-dissent) rely on a single data point to spin a contrarian tale about an inside job.

So you ask me to cite my sources just to tell me you don’t believe them? What’s the point.

No problem. I’m new here.

–Konrad

1 Like

You are so right. Reality:

2 Likes

Konrad, I used be a Republican, but I am now an Independent. I don’t really like Trump, and I don’t see myself agreeing anymore with the Republicans on the issues that much. (Issues such as Medicaid and Climate Change.) And I am planning to vote for a Democrat for Senator this coming mid-term election.

And talking about rigged elections, Wisconsin was likely rigged in favor of Trump due to the strict ID Law that went into affect for the 2016 Presidential election. While Wisconsin’s voter turnout decreased from 2012 to 2016, Wisconsin’s neighboring states Michigan and Minnesota voter turnout increased from 2012 to 2016.

1 Like

Yes, I know that Hillary didn’t campaign in Wisconsin. That was likely another reason why Wisconsin’s voter turnout was low for the 2016 Presidential election.

2 Likes

Between Trump and Clinton, one of them stayed at the private dacha and got to see the “tiger map”.

Her name isn’t Donald.

“Adversarial” :rofl:

Allright, I will address each of your sources.

Russian hacking election confession…
So Konstantin Kozlovsky’s hacking may explain the May/June 2016 DNC hack and, not the March 2016 Podesta hack.

Thanks … good reading. Let’s hope the Russians did not coerce someone into pleading guilty like we do here in the US E.g. General Flynn.

–Konrad

Not a publicly available document.

–Konrad

"Soldatov said on Monday that Kozlovsky’s story could be “interesting.” But he cautioned that in the four months he has been in touch with Kozlovsky, the hacker has “failed” to provide any concrete evidence that he had hacked the DNC at the FSB’s instruction. "

He was in jail facing life in prison for illegal hacking. He then comes up with this story, but no facts to back it up.
Proof enough for those wanting it to be true.

Wikipedia: 2016 Democratic National Committee email leak

The 2016 Democratic National Committee email leak is a collection of Democratic National Committee (DNC) emails stolen by Russian intelligence agency hackers and subsequently published (leaked) by DCLeaks in June and July 2016[1] and by WikiLeaks on July 22, 2016, during the 2016 Democratic National Convention. This collection included 19,252 emails and 8,034 attachments from the DNC, the governing body of the United States’ Democratic Party.[2] The leak includes emails from seven key DNC staff members, and date from January 2015 to May 2016.[3] The leaked contents, which suggested the party’s leadership had worked to sabotage Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign, prompted the resignation of DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz before the Democratic National Convention.[4] After the convention, DNC CEO Amy Dacey, CFO Brad Marshall, and Communications Director Luis Miranda also resigned in the wake of the controversy.[5]

Lots of DNC officials resigned due to the DNC e-mails being leaked. Clearly it exposed the corruption in the Democratic party. Who says they are going to make a change? So far, they just deny everything.

–Konrad

It may or may not be true, I’ll acknolwedge. It’s the weakest of all the sources I provided. There’s a mountain of information backing up that Russia hacked the DNC. There’s been, to date, no explanation with nearly as much evidence to support it. Only skepticism.

Not even the Trump administration really doubts this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-23/pompeo-affirms-reluctantly-that-russia-tried-to-help-trump-win

No worries. I assumed as much, which is why I offered pleasant advice only. :wink:

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Wisconsin turn out reduced because two old crazy white people were running.

It still does not explain the Russian sourced Pee-pee gate dossier on Trump. Why would they want to discredit Trump? You do know that Steele never interviewed anyone in Russia, right? He was fed all of that information by Russians.

I think the Russians wanted to disrupt the US, not to aid one candidate or another.

–Konrad

It was kept secret prior to the election. Rigged!

Yes, the DNC Primary was very likely rigged in favor of Hillary in 2016. I didn’t vote for either Hillary or Trump. However, I am definitely planning in voting for Congresswoman Democratic Sinema for my Senator this coming November. She is a moderate Democrat, and I agree with her on most of the issues.

You are most welcome. The Facebook pages are too over-run by trolls. They don’t care about references.

–Konrad

1 Like