If Trump was smart, he would resign soon

Actually Comey was doing what he should have done. Notify the Committe that was looking into the e-mail server that there could be more e-mails that they just found. I was a former Utah congress critter (and I said this at the time) that should have kept his damn trap shut.

Libs temper tantrums…

The thing that needed to be investigated – in public – was never touched on. And it wasn’t Hillary’s respons.

No, they should look at the language of the constitution. Had they not wanted the president to pardon himself of crimes, they would have had more than just he can’t pardon an impeachment.

1 Like

Clinton was Impeached by the house of representative, but was not removed from office by the senate. Yes he was impeached.

It should be common sense to everyone that it’s unethical for the offender to pardon himself. And if he tries it, it’s going to backfire. Bookmark this post.

If everyone is not subject to the rule of law then there is no rule of law.

The founders didn’t anticipate having to explain the obvious to the ignorant.

2 Likes

Reminding us of another lie. Self-financed campaign.

Does it seem strange to you that some people think it is okay for a person to pardon themselves?

Who did these things?..sounds like a playground bully to me? Who is responsible for all those acts.

It’s beyond strange, logic, and common sense.

But this is no longer a republican party, or a conservative party, it’s become Trump’s party and people have given up thinking for themselves and have replaced it with whatever Trump tells them in order to join.

1 Like

Because it worked so well for Nixon.

You can look at a centuries of Anglo-American legal precedent and one of the core concepts is that no one can sit in judgment of their own case.

This thread is just another angle on the 25th amendment. The doj would have to weigh in, so Barr would have to say he couldn’t at that point.

This is all prefaced on the presumption that he’s guilty. We presume something else in America.

On that basis perhaps you can explain “lock her up, lock her up chants” orchestrated by D Trump at his rallies?

1 Like

Impeachment is not a trial. It is similar to an indictment. It is voted by the House.
The trial is conducted in the Senate. There must be 67 senators voting to convict.

A pardoning president is not a judge. He is not determining guilt or innocence.

When did Nixon pardon himself?

I agree with you, absolutely no question about it he was impeached. Did I say differently somewhere? If I did that was a mistake.

Is anyone the president pardons not subject to the rule of law?
You’re just spouting platitude with no clue of what you are talking about.