If this trend continues maybe the left won't have to defund the police

I’ve seen a few articles like this and know people who are in law enforcement as well who feel the same.

You know that old saying, careful what you wish for cause you just might get it.

1 Like

Oh no people who think they should be a class onto themselves retire from the force.

They are not retiring because of defunding. They are retiring because they feel disrespected.

2 Likes

Where do you come up with this ■■■■■

Wouldn’t have anyhting to do with open season on murdering cops, being pelted at riots with bricks, being set on fire with molotov cocktails, and being thrown under the bus by their ■■■■■■■ bosses, would it?

1 Like

My friends son in-law had just started as a cop when this began. He is out, his wife put her foot down, they are new parents. Great guy who only ever wanted to help people.

(1) how many more cops have been killed in the past two years as compared with the past two years

(2) well that’s the job.

(3) how many more cops injured on the job fire or otherwise now as compared to the two years

(4). This one i agree with.

But let’s discuss this. I respect the crap out of cops because they do put their lives on the line every day. However the ones who are retiring because they think their job got tougher can go pound sand.

2 Likes

Are you a cop?

If not, don’t pretend to know how they think or what they feel.

Are you a cop?

I think he is retired

I’m not the one pretending to know why they are retiring, am I?

Not a cop

Sure you are.

So, to be clear - you’re not a cop. Thank you.

Who cares. Bye Felicia

5 Likes

Good night and good luck. I guess.

1 Like

I am not a president, a senator or congress man. Am i allowed to speak on their points of view

Historically speaking, this happens constantly and it’s never nearly as bad as the cops make it out to be.

Sorry thought you were.

I was a civilian employee of a Florida Sheriff’s Office for 17 years as a Fingerprint Analyst.

I was going to say ah ok but now i have to ask a stupid question. What’s that?

When the idea of refunding the police started it was pretty clear to me that the goal was to eliminate having the police go out on calls that could be handled by more experienced people. The primary example was how many police departments required their officers to handle mental illness calls. The idea was that mental health professionals should take those calls and only call for officer assistance if needed. And that was passed by some Police Chiefs and got a thumbs up. And somehow the Democrats once again botched properly getting the idea out to the public.

From what I understand in this particular case I think the city council is blowing it. I don’t think that they properly thought out the whole concept of “the zone” and the whole thing got away from their control.
And if the officers don’t think that the city government has their backs, I can see why they are leaving.
It’s either a PR problem that can be fixed and/or some inept city council members who should be voted out.

2 Likes

That sounds like a interesting job.
Did you ever get asked, why do they put braille on the keys of a drive-thru ATM?