If there is a Devil, what's his favorite sin?

Depends on the relationship, and the love one has for the other.

But yes, you have a strong observation there.

So very true.

Actually, sin isn’t so much about rules, but rather about anything that separates the sinner from God.

When you limit it to rules, it can get quite pharisaic. It’s about the heart. You see Jesus make that point multiple times in the Gospels.

2 Likes

Lead people away from Christ, the Holy Spirit and God.

2 Likes

Vanity!!

the end

They are certainly related. The overwhelming need to be right all of the time about everything at all costs is definitely selfish.

1 Like

Yes. And I feel that that is the gateway into “the ends justify the means” kind of thinking.

The only sin that will keep people from knowing God as Father is the sin of not trusting Jesus’ Christ. I think that is the sin the devil loves most to see in humans.

His favourite sin to practice personally, I would guess to be all forms of lying.

Gambling.

It’s all in the cards.

Allan

The words devil and satan have simple meanings ---- “the adversary” or “false accuser.” These refer to the sinful nature within human nature.

Proverbs 9:16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

A proud look,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,

feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness [that] speaketh lies,

and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Sin belongs in the physical world, not in the spiritual world where God dwells.

"I am the Lord, and there is no other, besides Me there is no God." Is 45:5

The Hebrew word for “god” here means “power.”

God is the source of all power and the only God. He is a jealous God. “For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” Deut 4:24

1 Like

Is not the love of money the root of all kinds of evil?

1 Like

I believe it’s better described as believing oneself above and/or better than all others.

1 Like

Fun fact: Lucifer’s name in German means “Mortenstern” or “Morning Star.” His actual name translates to “Light Bringer.” Before he fell from Heaven, he was the Angel of light and music.

Like all Angels, God made him beautiful. He made him so exquisitely beautiful, it is said that at each of his joints were diamonds, topaz, and all of the precious metals and gems.

One time, Lucifer asked, “Why doesn’t anyone worship me? God made me so beautiful, so precious, but they give all of their worship to God. I deserve some of that.” And so, when he proceeded upon selfish endeavors, God kicked him out of His kingdom. And thus, Lucifer became known as the demonic prince of pride.

^And this is also one of the reasons why God calls on those who think they are unworthy.

Jesus said in the Bible, in Matthew I believe, “The well are not the ones in need of a physician, but the sick.” Also goes to show that Church is not just a temple for the devout, but also a hospital for sinners.

Thus, there is the sin of gluttony. It is also Matthew’s sin as a tax collector, but he repented.

Pride is a really successful tool of Satan. Another is division.

Next to IMO is using just enough truth to deceive people, then greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth.