If the Democrats win both Georgia seats will Joe Manchin become the second most powerful person in Government?

Here’s another:

Clearly there’s others who agree with this premise.

There’s no evidence of that:

From the link:

• Since 2011, no Democrat currently serving in the Senate has split with the party more often, including 80 votes in which Senator Manchin was the only Democrat to break with his party and vote with the majority of Senate Republicans.

• Senator Manchin has voted with the Trump Administration 74% of the time[[1]](file:///S:/Communications/2018/Handouts%20and%20Fact%20Sheets/August%202018%20-%20JM%20Bipartisanship%20by%20the%20Numbers.docx#_ftn1) and shares many of the President’s priorities when it comes to promoting fair trade, repealing Obama-era regulations, and protecting our national security:

From what I’ve found he has actually voted more in line with McConnell than Schumer.

2024…

No man is an island…in a sea of critical justice.

I don’t doubt for one minute that he will be under a lot of pressure by the DNC and far left zealots, some of whom will likely threaten him and his family with bodily harm. The fact is that the far left platform of the Democrat party - amnesty, open borders, Puerto Rico/DC statehood, abolishing oil, gas and coal, etc. - would be harmful to West Virginia (and to most of America for that matter). In states like NJ a person like Cory Booker could literally promote and vote for Open Borders and Amnesty for anyone who gets into the US and he would win reelection by well over 10 points. The radical left agenda doesn’t fly in every or even most states like it does in CA or NJ.

Who is Justice and what is the likelihood Manchin switches parties?

I don’t think Manchin would switch parties. He’s beaten Republicans for decades now. He’d have to burn a lot of bridges in WV just for McConnell.

It’s not the pressure he will be under I’m talking about. It’s the pressure all the old school dems are under. He can’t stop them by himself.

You have no idea what left vs right means…

Explain it please.

Seriously…

Left - the lower classes
Right - the wealthy/powerful

Amnesty - helps the right with cheap labor
open borders - helps the right with cheap labor/capital allocation is more efficient
Statehood - neither right or left, it’s a political party issue for some reason. Originally it was a race issue.
Oil, gas coal - environmental issue for wealthy people.

So when people say they are afraid of left wing issues, they are pointing to traditional right wing wish lists.

Good Lord, do you really believe that?

1 Like

Have you looked at the net worth and lifestyles of liberal politicians lately?

Justice is the governor of WV… Manchin is a "D"ino… he’s no leftist like AOC

:rofl:

Put the Pfizer announcement wasn’t.

1 Like