If NATO membership for Ukraine was a known bright red line for Russia, why did Biden promote it?

NATO does not vote on policy.

as long as some NATO states wish for Ukraine to join their application is valid.

“The Parties may, by unanimous agreement, invite any other European State in a position to further the principles of this Treaty and to contribute to the security of the North Atlantic area to accede to this Treaty.”

My lord man…

and rejection also require unanimous agreement.
so long as some NATO countries support Ukraine their application is valid.

unanimous agreement is required for all policy.
that include rejecting applications.

as long as parties within NATO support Ukraine, NATO will keep in contract with them till such time as unanimous agreement is reach.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ absolute truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The uniparty has been united in pushing us into war after war, after war, after war…all while Trump was attempting to get us out. Now consider all of the forces that worked to disparage Trump for four years…everything from the Russian collusion delusion, to two impeachments and the MSM working over time to promote lie, after lie, after lie. I hope that us commoners would recognize what’s happening and all of us join forces to take our country back. The Canadian truckers started this thing and it’s time for the common man to finish it.

2 Likes

Yes, we have had 30 years of wars since the end of Cold War. Trump was the only recent president who did not start a war.

Biden is back to business as usual.

1 Like

Of course we do. You don’t know how it works, do you? A new member has to be unanimously agreed upon. The US can say no.

1 Like

Yep, but so long as a few people refuse to agree with the consensus.

the verdict is unknown their application is viewed as valid and NATO will conduct business to make sure they are following the requirement of membership.

Ukraine applied in 2014/15 so far NATO has not reached a unanimous verdict.

So you’re making the case for why some of Putin’s rhetoric is true? Wildcat NATO member countries treating the Ukraine as a NATO country?

1 Like

Yes, some of his rhetoric is true.
I personal don’t think NATO is a threat to Russia but he clearly does.

You’re not the leader of his country, so opinion noted, but would you disregard a hypothetical opinion held by Putin concerning Canada that was in opposition to Trudeau?

1 Like

I didn’t vote Liberal nor to do I support them.
if could Trudeau would be gone.

Can I mark that down as a dodge?

3 Likes

Of course Ukraine as an independent country has a right to join NATO.
Of course the result of the messages that were being given invited just what has happened.

We told the world, and more particularly Putin, that we would not come to the defense of Ukraine and not send in troops if he invaded Ukraine.
However, we told him that if he did not invade Ukraine now, we would let Ukraine join NATO sometime in the future, after which we could send in troops into Ukraine and defend against Russia.
Was that not begging for this to happen?

And no, Russia did not have a right to react as they did. And yes, that they would so act is not hard to figure out.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The Ukraine decided they would not seek membership over a decade ago.

they changed their mind.

1 Like

They made their bed and are now lying in the bed they chose. I’d like to help but not by sending our men to potentially die.

2 Likes

and NATO has been very clear that they will not act to defend them.