If NATO membership for Ukraine was a known bright red line for Russia, why did Biden promote it?

Okay, there’s a testable, relatively unambiguous semi-prediction. I’m still not sure why Russia hasn’t already accomplished this, but it will either happen or it won’t.

Through which country?

Optics?

It’s not hard to understand why the left wants war with Russia, Putin is basically their great Satan. They don’t like how Obama was treated by Putin (The Russian Reset) and they still blame Russia for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 loss to Donald Trump.

It wasn’t that long ago from 2015-2020 they were after Trump with phrases and accusations like “Puppet of Putin” aka Donald Trump as well as twice politically impeached him (Mueller era) the partisan impeachments followed him through all four years of his presidency and all had to deal with Russia and later Ukraine.

An economist/yougov poll shows 67 percent of Democrats believe it is “definitely true” or “probably true” that "Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected.

That means close to 70% of democrats think Russia has some shady bunch like the FSB in America physically alter the voting machines for the 2016 election to get Putin’s puppet Donald Trump elected. So I get why democrats want this war, I don’t get why anyone that knows that all of the above ■■■■ I wrote is ■■■■■■■■ backs the war though.

Of course Europe and Ukraine want Ukraine in NATO that means they get free US taxpayer protecting then they can use their money for lavish social spending we get the bill.

4 Likes

RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA plus PUTINMANBAD was pure evil genius from Hillary Clinton. Not only did she capture the imagination of progs, she brilliantly exploited 50 years of indoctrination of the otherwise patriotic and often conservative cold war warrior. They missed their glory days of having “commies” to fight. Clinton provided them with the illusion of being a youthful warrior again… ironically the binky they needed to feel like men again. And they suck on that thing even today.

And equally ironic is the fact that the “commies” that these binky biters yearn to fight are now a small minority in the Russian duma while the EU and the US has plenty of politicians with views that are marxist, a precursor to communism that always leads to communism.

Brilliant, really.

1 Like

British intelligence had a clear role in the creation of the Russia-collusion hoax. It started in 2016 and was an important factor in eventual removal of Trump as president in the 2020 election.

The hoax also has greatly helped to justify the proxy war against Russia. It is no accident that Britain has been the attack chihuahua in demanding continued escalation in the war against Russia while having only a token army itself.

1 Like

If you’re curious, where do you go to find explanations that might help you understand or “get it,” even if you disagree?

For example, I disagree with the idea of withdrawing support for Ukraine, but I can understand different rationales that lead people to that conclusion.

Is it really that hard for you to imagine sensible reasons for supporting Ukraine, even if it’s not a position you share?

2 Likes

A war would be quite the diversion away from their corrupt Moron sitting in the WH as well.

1 Like

get back to me when you actually post something besides Russian propaganda

one of them, none of them, or all of them.

Banned for use does not mean banned for transport.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

not only is it a sizable minority, but we do have interest. Saying we don’t does not magically create a situation where we don’t. You don’t agree with those interests, that doees not mean they do not exist.

And no, I do not give a gosh darn about you fears, rational or irrational.

Come on, I know I originally thought that Russian would be bombing/shelling Kiev nightly they aren’t ten foot tall.

NATO greatest assets isn’t even involved. And that’s air power.

No way Russia is a threat to Europe in conventional war.

4 Likes

And now Sweden is in

NATO expansionism!! Thanks Putin?

2 Likes

Joe Biden is pretty persuasive, isn’t he?

1 Like

I refuse to believe Putin is dumb enough not to know that this was a distinct possibility, even if the invasion had gone well.

I think he still thought it would be worth it. That’s quite a calculation.

1 Like

As noted earlier, Pentagon simulations show that NATO jets would be destroyed on the ground by Russian missiles. Any advantage in air power would short lived, and the NATO stocks of munitions are already very low as a result of supplying Ukraine.

Sending US troops into Ukraine mean that US troops would face horrendous levels of casualties similar to those that Ukraine has already experienced. Think the Charge of the Light Brigade multiplied by thousands.

The US is on a path of escalation. The likely outcome will be either a humiliating NATO defeat or thermonuclear annihilation.

https://summit.news/2023/07/10/ceaseless-escalation-rfk-jr-slams-biden-for-sending-cluster-bombs-to-ukraine/

Yes, another crushing humiliation for the demented Biden, the hollow NATO alliance, and the decadent west.

2 Likes

Western propaganda. The world now looks to Russia for leadership.

3 Likes

Hurray!

Ummmm… deja vu. :rofl:

2 Likes