I really wish pork spending was not allowed

You can tell it is distorted by the use of quotation marks.

How bout the unvarnished truth without the use of quotation marks.

Allan

Ha. Now that there is a chance of Trump losing it is unsurprising to hear cons start to talk about the debt again. So very predictable.

1 Like

Pork: Taxpayer money used to buy votes and support policies that they don’t subscribe to.

1 Like

Frankly anyone who didn’t see that the National debt would increase due to the “shutdowns” and subsequent “stimulus” payments is an idiot. There are only 2 ways to pay for it, The Gov. borrows the money and/or increases taxes. My guess they’ll try a combination of both. Either way, joe plumber is going to get screwed.

3 Likes

The truth is, the system was explicitly designed at the beginning to accommodate pork barrel spending, even if they totally whiffed on the whole party thing.

The expectation was that every congressman and senator would come and fight for resources for their district or state.

2 Likes

You have been side stepping the elephant in the room preposterous proposal by the democrats in their bill., taxpayers having to pay for the healthcare for people who broke into the country illegally around 22 million of them. I am a conservative but I would think someone was mentally unstable if they asked their citizens to bear such a cost, no other country is that silly.

Not all conservatives voted for Trump.

Like Mitch McConnell and his massively subsided state.

Allan

If it’s a Covid bill should it not only have Covid relief in it?

Other than military, what spending would you cut in general?

I understand that part it at least makes sense in trying to help your district to get re-elected. I think the thing that doesn’t make sense (At least to me) is the free healthcare to 22 million illegal immigrants on the taxpayers dime. But I do get what you’re saying when someone does something for their district, I don’t agree with it but understand the rationale behind it.

It would be nice if every bill had a bullet point list of pork that is stuffed inside of it on the front of every bill.

2 Likes

Yes, and such worthy things they fight for too! Bridges to nowhere, studies on Chinese prostitutes, shrimp on treadmills… you know, stuff of extreme importance that we should all just LOVE to pay for…

It is pretty important.

This is exactly the type of project the NSF should be funding, since it directly benefits American fisheries.

Not as important as this, a clean bill to the people who need the money the most.

1 Like

What has Mitch done this week to move a bill forward?

1 Like