I know school vouchers are supposed to be a great solution, but

No, it’s all right.

No.

Succent and brilliant! Strong contender for post of the year, so late in the game!

1 Like

No, private schools are supposed to be more efficient than public. Why should they get the same amount?

Wealthy people in this OP get the same amount as poor people.

I’d have no problem with this if private schools operated under the same provisions:

• Required to accept all students regardless of race, religion, academic performance, and behavioral performance, (If they don’t have enough space/staff do what public schools are required to do. Hire more staff and install temporary learning trailers.)
  • Provide free transportation,
  • Provide free tutoring services,
  • Provide free sports and after school activities,
  • Provide Special Education services at no extra cost to the parents.

WW

3 Likes

In my area, our publc school spends…ready for this…25K per student! Crazy…our taxes are awful.

But, I just looked up three private schools in our area - 45K, 56K and 65K…

So you could hand me a voucher for 25K and I still couldn’t send our kids to private school.

Then they would be just like the public schools!

(Check this out:)

Shhhh… Don’t let the cat out of the bag.

#1 Get private schools hooked on public money.

#2 Once they’re hooked, mandate admission requirements and non-discrimination policies.

#3 A few years later require licensure qualification for teachers.

#4 A few years after that start mandating curriculum.
The evil plan will take time. Resistance if futile.

BBAAAAWWWAAAAA

[/s]

WW

Then stop whining.

Why?

Whose money?

1 Like

:popcorn: :grinning:

Taxes.

Ah so. Money taken from the very people who are struggling to find a better education for their children? And money taken with threats of imprisonment and confiscation?

Who pays the taxes in this country?

1 Like

Have you ever truly thought about how much we are taxed and what we actually get for it?

2 Likes

If the OP is correct, IF… then there’s a lesson there that they haven’t touched on for 50 posts of squawking. Let’s see if they notice it. I’ll hint with one word, university.

2 Likes

Yes. Very little money compared to the overall spend for public education.

Who pays property taxes in this country? Property owners.

I think I touched on it

You are making a case for treating all income equally and raising the rates on the top brackets.

All the time. Particualry at the local and state level. What makes you think I haven’t?