I felt threatened!

The impeachment hearings are a prime example of this.

3 Likes

The president relayed his misgivings about Yovanovich to Zelensky on July 25th, describing her as ā€œbad news.ā€ Trump added that ā€œsheā€™s going to go through some things,ā€ although itā€™s unclear what ā€œthingsā€ Trump could have been referring to considering Yovanovitch had already been removed from her position. When asked by Congress about the troubling line, Yovanovitch admitted that she was and still is concerned by what the president may have been implying, adding that she still feels threatened. Hereā€™s the excerpt from the transcript released Monday:

Q: At the bottom of that same page, President Trump says, ā€œWell, sheā€™s going to go through some things.ā€ What did you understand that to mean?
A: I didnā€™t know what it meant. I was very concerned. I still am.
Q: Did you feel threatened?
A: Yes.

(from the above Rolling Stone article I previously linked to)

Why would Congress allow for her to comment on a complete fiction of @biggestal99ā€™s making?

She read the transcript before Trump released it? Weird.

The direct quote from our beloved POTUS.

ā€œWell, sheā€™s going to go though some thingsā€

Lol.

Allan

She said she heard about the call. Did not read the classified transcript.

Allan

More leaks? You donā€™t say!

1 Like

This is where supporters of the President start to intentionally confuse timing of things so they can make points that exist only in a world where DeLoreans have flux capacitors.

6 Likes

She was advised to leave on the next flight because she was at risk, well before the transcript. This is pretty simple ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Noā€¦she must be lying.

Is leaking the threat worse than the threat?

There wasnā€™t a threat. There was a leak to form a narrative within the state department.

Ah good old TDS on full display here. Like the POTUS didnt learn from the mob in the NY real estate business

1 Like

She was told to leave Ukraine for her own safety. Pompeo said he could no longer protect her.

Then she finds out Trump tells Pres Z ā€œsheā€™s going to go through some thingsā€¦ā€. Not ā€œSheā€™s gone through some thingsā€¦ā€. No, his statement is foretelling the future.

Now how wouldnā€™t a rational person interpret that as a threat?

3 Likes

On top of the ā€œgo big or go homeā€ recommendation to tweet support for the President orā€¦

There were mulitple components, long before the release of the transcript partial memo of the call, and even the call itself, that a reasonable person would conclude were threatening.

The release of the memo was validation of the previous.

This is all supporters of the President trying to muddy the timeline to make folks think that the only threatening thing that could be construed was on the call and its memo.

That statement about ā€œgoing through some stuffā€ was merely a part of the pattern that started much earlier.

1 Like

Not really.

Who are you to say how she should take it? Are you her?

Because itā€™s all a sham! Thatā€™s why

What was wrong?

ā€œWitnessā€ after ā€œwitnessā€ is a ā€œformerā€ this-or-that. Or a disgruntled never-Trumper.

What should ANYONE expect from a queue of such ā€œwitnessesā€?