I don’t think that the President knows how the Justice system works

Career politicians look out for themselves. Of course they go out for drinks together and have dinner together, DC is all about relationships and who you know.

The “money train” isn’t going to stop, no matter whether or not Hillary Clinton is indicted. That’s not the reason she hasn’t been charged.

I see people here every day claiming thatvud they did what she did, they’d be in jail. It sounds very impressive.

But no one has ever been convicted under the section of the statute always given as the law she broke.

Comey said she broke the law. But no one would prosecute her because they could not prove she knew she was breaking the law.
I’m saying I don’t buy it. She has been in DC to many years. Let alone the fact the she was in the White House for two years to not know that she was breaking the law.
I know the law in question and if she had been anyone in the military she would be cooling her heels in a cell at the moment. They would not have accepted that she didn’t know the law. They most certainly wouldn’t have given her a pass for destroying devices that had not been backed up and turned over to the proper people.
We seem to have a problem in DC with destroyed devises and erased emails. Make you wonder what they are trying to keep hidden.

Nope, that’s not what he said.

You’re not understanding the legal standard here.

If she had been in the military, she’d be subject to an entirely separate set of laws (the UCMJ), and what you say would be true.

But she’s never been in the military, and has never been subject to the UCMJ.

Again - irrelevant, because she’s not in the military, and never has been.

Honestly, “destroyed devices” and “erased emails” are very low on my list of problems in DC.

This is more or less what Comey said.
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information
Although there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified imformation
None of these emails should have been on any kind of unclassified system.
Clinton’s emails included seven message chains with information classified as top secret.
Our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.
It is not irrelevant that she was not in the military. Classified information is handled the same at all levels of the government. Are you saying our government officials should be held to a lower standard than military personal.
Destroyed emails and devises should be high on your list of problems with DC. But as long as its your side covering up their wrong doings you will over look it.
You say Trump should welcome the investigation. Than you should say the same thing about Hillary she should have welcomed them going over her pones and hard drives. But for some reason she didn’t want that to happen and your alright with her covering things up.
I get it your a its fine as long as my side does it. Just like your defending Hillary now. There are a lot of crooked people that never see a jail cell. Doesn’t make them any less of a crook.
Me, I’m saying its wrong no matter which side does it.

That is quite an assortment of out of context soundbites.

For anyone interested, here’s the rest: https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system.

This isn’t about “should”. We’re not talking about a theoretical perfect world.

In reality, yes. The military is held to a higher legal standard. The UCMJ is entirely unconstitutional to apply to civilians.

Nope. They shouldn’t be important to me, or anyone else. Partisanship doesn’t matter.

Never said that.

This is word salad.

Yes, yes, yes. We’ve all heard this before. You feel that you’re right, you feel that you’re being even-handed and everyone who disagrees with you is evil and blindly partisan.

3 Likes

Donald trump should sign an executive order so that the UCMJ can be applied to civilians.

2 Likes

He’s not even good at that.

1 Like

Guess those confederate flag flyers don’t really want to be American either then by your logic.

4 Likes

Oopsie!!!

:smile:

1 Like

In response to Trump’s tweet, Andrew McCarthy weighs in.

There is no country that has that as its flag. If you want to go in that direction though, fine.

Here…

From

:checkered_flag:

:us:

Oh no. Dixie is alive and well to many.

“Dixie” is not a foreign country.

That was an unexpected uppercut.

And it’s still alive and well. You don’t know what I mean, do you? The attitudes, the racism.

Yeah, he was looking somewhere else and I caught him unaware.

2 Likes

As Bartlett would say, “Look at the whole board.”

1 Like

Investigation in search of a crime is a crime…