I cant believe what I am reading

So are kids families going to be suing school districts if they don’t pass tests?

Like " There are more than two genders"?

Gender is not the same thing as sex. Science.

I am sure some will try because of the following wording " Assignment grades and scores shall be calculated using ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance, including any legitimate pedagogical concerns, and shall not penalize or reward a student based on the religious content of a
student’s work."

I would argue that the state’s science standards are the ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance.

1 Like

If you can’t “penalize or reward” based on tge religious content if their work, how do you grade an answer at all?

By whether or not they have mastered the standard.

A strict interpretation of the bible would lead on to conclude that pi=3.0 (from specifications for vessels in the Temple).

Similarly, hell is listed as having lakes of molten brimstone. That means it is lower than the boiling point of sulfur, 444.6 C.
Elsewhere, heaven is described as being as bright as 10,000 suns. Do the math and one concludes that heaven is hotter than hell.

Which is why you would need a glorified immortal body to go there that is immune to temperature extremes.

Not if the diameter given is to the outside of the rim, and the circumference given is of the inside of the rim.

I don’t know how often that “creation” or that some other topic may come up where there’s a difference of opinion between science and religion but…it will be rare. What’s more common is the trashing of core Christian values and beliefs which is what this law stands against. I don’t see that this is something that will derail education but more of something that will protect a Christian’s beliefs from being degraded, ridiculed or outright attacked.

I’m in agreement with teaching Comparative Religion, provided the beliefs of various faiths are taught in a neutral manner & not with any preferences.

Can anyone on the thread provide a question a student with religious beliefs may answer differently?

Why can’t the kids play games, accept science AND faith?

Contrary to popular assumptions, science and faith aren’t incompatible.

I agree, never said they aren’t

While I am not against Comparative Religion, the course I am recommending is a study of the Bible based on the intent of the original Biblical authors. If people also want a similar elective course with the Qu’ran, Buddhist, Hindu writings, that, too, would be excellent.

1 Like

Wait. I was assured by certain posters on this site that the belief against evolution and the old earth was relegated to a tiny minority who had no impact on schools.

I was assured.

1 Like

Practically speaking, nobody would measure circumference of the ID. OD is simple, just stretch a string around.

Your rationale defies common sense.

In the clash of science and religion in the science classroom it is only proper that religion wins.

Of course they would. It was cast in bronze. I think. The internal rim would be easy to measure on the cast.

This is where I stopped reading. You can’t say it better than this. A very simple solution.

1 Like

I never understood the mindset that science and faith cannot go hand in hand. I love science, but I also love and believe in my faith.

1 Like