“I am part of the Resistance in the Trump Administration” - Stunning Article in NYT

Don’t worry guy Trump is kissing the shoes of a dictator to read the news.

Yes, he does. Oh, I see what you’re doing. Because a New York Times writer published some made up stories, this essay must be made up.

Gotcha. That logic is as solid as the ERA of the 2018 Orioles relieving crew.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m not sure what to say. But it seems apparent that there are in fact people within the highest levels of this administration that are actively working to protect our nation from this dangerous man. This is both terrifying and reassuring. Terrifying that we, as a nation, have allowed someone like Trump to rise to this position. Reassuring that at least some are willing to risk everything to protect us from him and all of the jeopardy he poses.

3 Likes

You beat my thread by like two seconds.

Bets on who it is?

1 Like

This thing is nuts! I just posted it in this day in politics.

If that ain’t the wheels coming off then I don’t know what is.

1 Like

I really don’t know. There are many potentials though. Mattis? Pompeo? Sessions?

this paragraph

“It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.”

2 Likes

Agreed. All of this is so unprecedented. At what point, if ever, will his supporters start to see what is really going on here?

And why is it taking so long to just end this nightmare? I’m so ready to be bored with politics again.

2 Likes

That will be never. The Kool-Aid will be ingested regardless.

As am I. But it seems more and more apparent by the day that the process will be one of great length and great struggle, so as to not devolve into a true Constitutional crisis. As the author seems to indicate here.

Trump and his supporters are a cancer on this nation. And often times you cannot just rid oneself of cancer by a simple surgery. It takes a much larger set of treatments all combined together to ensure it is effectively removed for good.

With about 30% of them, I’d agree. But what about the other ~10% that’s not completely down the QAnon rabbit hole?

it has not even been 2 years since his election much less inauguration, let that sink in for a bit and then reread this. mind blowing

2 Likes

You have to remove the tumor first, then months of radiation afterwards…we’re barely at the cancer symptoms stage.

1 Like

Definitely not Sessions. He was the first and biggest Trump cheerleader from the Senate.

No doubt he’s changed his opinion due to the shabby way he’s been treated nut he’s not suddenly the resistance I’m sure.

1 Like

It’s could honestly be ■■■■■■■ anyone from Kelly and Mattis on down.

The real question is are they serious or are they just rats fleeing the ship.

And the alternative is the far left unhinged Democrats.

Both parties are dumpster fires.

3 Likes

Not true Joanne, why do you lump all D’s with the far left fringe?

Sounds like you need to make a call on who the lesser evil is.

Because what used to be fringe is rapidly becoming mainstream in the D party.