“I am part of the Resistance in the Trump Administration” - Stunning Article in NYT

The current support for Trump is simply because he was elected President. That cannot be overturned because some people may have second thoughts or don’t like his morals. The time to bring this up is when some person with acceptable beliefs and better self control primaries him…if that happens.
And I can easily see some Democrat getting the nomination that would make me vote for Trump again.

I think a President who sees enemies all around him might be even more inclined to give in to his dark, foolish, paranoid impulses.

So the Republican party has no recourse to do anything about the lazy, amoral, lying piece of trash they put in the White House until 2 years from now? Winning an election allows someone to do whatever the hell they please for the length of their term?

No, you all get to own this. Both those who have turned a blind eye and those who have actively excused it.

2 Likes

Why would a WH mole want to announce his presence, even anonymously? Just to create drama? Why? What could be the point?

It’s probably Kelly. He probably told the adults that he would control the madman as long as he could. Probably told them that he would send a strong signal if it got out of hand.

Yes. Like blowing ragweed pollen into the office of an asthma sufferer. Or angering those in wheelchairs by making restrooms inaccessible. Or strobing a bright light in front of people suseptable to seizures. Or putting peanut dust in the water cooler of offices with people who have nut allergies.

It is a new era in political revenge.

Oh so you are talking about deportation now instead of detention? Sorry, we can’t hand kids over to law breakers who can’t prove they are their children. See Obama handing kids back to human traffickers if you can’t understand why that is.

1 Like

Create chaos.
Think…psyops.
Think…Brennan.

We have used the EXACT technique against ISIS leadership.

A president who sees enemies all around him. Let me think who that could be. Oh, yeah. Nixon.

Then how do you suppose they were privy to high level secret Cabinet discussions about possibly invoking the 25th?

Yep. This entire mess is directly on the shoulders of those who voted for Donald Trump.

And now they’ll try to weasel out of responsibility.

The point is Mattis denied everything that was attributed to him in the book. So we don’t “know” if Mattis refused the order or if it was even given.

To alert the public that you guys hired a madman and gave him the nuke codes.

This is all on you guys.

His supporters don’t give a crap what elected GOP politicians think, they elected him as a giant ■■■■ you to the people who promised them things they had no intention of ever delivering over and over. No sorry, they’re coming out and opposing him won’t move the needle on that support.

I doubt there were any “high level meetings” about the 25th- probably just informal conversations. And they likely know about them because the White House is a gossip mill, not because they actually took part in those conversations.

What’s he waiting for?

Oh no. Who cares? You guys keep saying you will hold us responsible, like that means something. Newsflash, nobody cares what you think or who you hold responsible.

LMAO so you are comparing Trump to someone with a medical condition or disability?

But lets remember Trump only hires the best.

I remain convinced that Pence is behind all of this. I think from day 1 Pence has been playing the role of loyal VP to the President but using his extensive political know how to undermine the Presidency at every opportunity.

More than anything Pence wants to be President.and all credit to him, the greatest gamble of his political life paid off. He is now nearer his goal than at any other time previously.

I know its all very House of Cards and Game of Thronesque but I truly do believe this and have been saying this from day 1.

He could always resign if he doesn’t’ like working for Trump. That’s what normal people do. Or he could man up and stand behind his words. Or he could stay there and be part of a resistance that has accumulated zero victories in two years. The resistance movement is like the Cleveland Browns of politics. No victories.

There is no national mess other than the hissy fits of anti Trump groups. As to Trumps personal moral character, voters are not his ethics teachers. If one is bothered by this, the next election cycle is the legitimate place to handle it.