I...am a YouTube Radical Alt-Right....According to the NYT.....Are you?

Now…are they applied equally? Why did YouTube initially state that Crowder did not violate their terms of service and only after the voices of many on the left shouted at the sky, did they change their ruling the very next day. What new evidence came to light? Did the rules change? Many journalists were demonitized and yet, I’ve seen no evidence in their videos that would prove to be breaking the rules. NONE. IMO…this is a tactic to sway the upcoming Presidential election.

Parents shouldn’t use YouTube as a babysitter. Watch what your kids are watching, folks.

3 Likes

To deny the algorithms don’t influence what you watch is to deny reality

The algorithms are tuned to the human tendency to believe something first, then search for confirming evidence.

You’re not immune to this influence. I’m not immune to this influence.

2 Likes

I have to concur with this. Smyrna and I use to be very similar in political beliefs. With the ascendancy of Trump, however, and the resulting influence of the alt right on the Republican party, the party itself has been through a major shift. Since my core beliefs have remained the same, the party has moved far enough from my belief system that I can no longer consider myself “republican.” I can’t really practice my conservative beliefs and remain a Republican.

That’s how much the Republican party as a whole has moved.

5 Likes

Also, nice side step of the salient point. Go back to the text of the first and tell me which part of that prevents a private entity from making rules about what type of speech they want to host.

You still have not answered properly as to how to determine if the ToS ae being applied “fairly”.

You’re sent an email or pm each time you’re given a timeout.

This is not an accusation of unfairness but a statement of fact.

One cannot tell from the emails you send out whether or not you are applying the ToS objectively.

I’ve seen the bs on YouTube and recognize it as such. You mean, when bs pops up on your screen, you’re so enamored by the lie that you can’t change channels?

2 Likes

That doesn’t let others know “transparently” how moderation is being applied.

P.S. I don’t have any objections to how moderation is done here or elsewhere… We are guests and our hosts have a right to determine which guests to have on their platform…

Trump entering the arena is the factor that changed in the equation IMO. I’m not a Republican and never have been. When it comes to politicians, I despise them. Both the Rs and Ds have had decades to fix illegal immigration and have unitedly decided NOT to do so. They can pretend all they want now but they simply march to the beat of being reelected and nothing more.

The question was whether posters were informed of their sanctions. My post was an answer to that question. You’ve shifted to fairness. Judging by the fact that posters from both sides of the political spectrum are or have been on lengthy timeouts based on their actions against this forum’s tos, regardless of their political leanings, I’d say we only discriminate by those who break tos.

I am a conservative and can attest that I have been given lengthy time outs, just as my friends on the left have.

It’s sent to the individual because the individual needs to correct their behavior, the rest of the board has read the rules…

Due respect but that’s not the question that was asked in the post to which you responded.

And again due respect…not doubting you but even that is not evidence you apply the ToS fairly.

I’m not saying you don’t. Quite frankly I don’t care whether you do or don’t.

Just saying what you’ve provided is not the proper way to tell.

Yeah, nobody likes us, everybody hates us, I’m going to eat some worms.

:smile:

Post it on YouTube. :sunglasses:

I’d hate for the algorithm to force a neglected child to watch that.

2 Likes

The point that I was making was that people who were at the forefront of the 9/11 conspiracy morphed themselves into speakers for the new Conservative movement. I have even seen a lot of spillover of Alex Jones style of “reporting” into the more mainstream Conservative sources.

Because it is what sells.

That is the point.

Now… why does that sell? That is the big question.

1 Like

The person at the forefront of 9/11 conspiracy was Michael Moore.

1 Like