How would Trump be handling the current Ukraine situation?

Also a fact.

He didn’t…but that doesn’t mean Trump deterred him from doing it.

To believe so assumes a power America simply doesn’t have.

It doesn’t mean Trump didn’t.

It’s not a fact that it’s a “big pot of money, and Europe owes us”.

NATO is what it is because we wanted it that way.

It made the world of the Cold War bipolar.

A great power always wants as few enemies to deal with at a time as they can have.

The evidence is that he didn’t deter anything mainly because Putin spent his time during Trump’s administration getting ready to do it.

Maybe Trump did deter Putin, but how? One of the things I liked about Trump was that he promised not to get the country involved in foreign wars, he talked about it often and publicly. Putin knew Trump wouldn’t respond militarily, so how did Trump deter him?

Yes, it is.

Now the rationalization.

Nice!

Maybe treating him as an equal?

2 Likes

Putin’s goal is to be treated as an equal by the US president? I thought he was trying to prevent and roll back NATO expansion?

That’s not what I said or you asked.

In short, Biden is a worthless sack of crap who does nothing but embarrass this country in all the ways that actually matter.

Best thing to do from here is to bust out ye ol’ frothing I-hate-Trump schtick, because it helps to distract libs from the mess they created.

:wink:

4 Likes

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:483, topic:241465, full:true”]

I asked how Trump deterred Putin, you answered “Maybe treating him as an equal?” If Putin’s goal is stopping NATO expansion, how does treating him as an equal accomplish that?

We weren’t discussing goals. Putin is a human being, subject to human psychology.

1 Like

After

1 Like

Another interesting factor is the response of the Russian gen pop.

1 Like

Why is that so hard to explain? They used Russia as excuse for their expansionism. Meaning EU.

Flattery and cordial relations made Putin okay with NATO expansion and Ukraine joining the West? I’m not buying it.

I didn’t say “OK with”.

Of course they did. Everyone needs a boogeyman.

1 Like