How will the world end?

I happen to believe the Biblical prophecy of how it all goes down the crapper. So I’ll never get to see it, bummer, but probably best because everything is eventually consumed by fire. Earthquakes, famines and plague intermingled in those events.

So where are you at, global warming, asteroid, alien invasion, machines taking over?

I’ll be bookmarking this thread to see who was right!

2 Likes

If you mean the end of humanity, I’ll take planet degradation/climate change far in the future. But the world will endure and someday be covered in new life.

2 Likes

Something like this.

As the Sun enters it’s red giant phase 5 to 7 Billion years from now, the Earth will be crispy crittered and very possibly full engulfed by the Sun and destroyed outright.

Nobody will be around to see that happen, as life will end in 1.5 Billion years when the Earth exits the habitable zone.

2 Likes

We only have 1.5 billion years?!:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Will we inhabit another planet? Or just die off?

Now I’m going to have nightmares.

3 Likes

The Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills will meet in the Superbowl and the world will end before either one can win the game.

3 Likes

I’d wager that we’ll make it long enough to inhabit at least one other planet (or moon) before something wipes us out or we’ve changed so much that we’re no longer human.

Actually, we have closer to 500 to 600 Million years at best, maybe not that long. C4 carbon fixation will shutdown due to rising temperatures (solar caused) and pretty much all higher life will cease to exist.

C3 carbon fixation will continue until the Earth exits the habitable zone, but life will pretty much consist only of cyanobacteria and other primitive forms during that period.

We may not even make it that far. A super continent will form in about 250 Million years and the high heat may wipe out mammalian life forms.

But don’t worry.

I am confident that mankind will manage to wipe ourselves out long before nature does.

All we have to do is crap in the dirt on one single planet with an atmosphere. lol

1 Like

Everyone poops, even astronauts.

1 Like

If I had to bet I would put all my chips on nuclear armageddon. Seeing how things are playing out in the Ukraine, with more and more unsavory countries like Iran will be getting the bomb soon it seems inevitable some nutjob decides launches them.

We will be the death of us.

I could literally push an entire biome and subsequent civilization out of my ass. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

lol :smile:

2 Likes

I’d bet that another asteroid strikes the planet causing a global extinction event within the next 100,000 years… but we may do ourselves in with a nuclear war before then

Nuclear war. It’s the sword of Damocles. And eventually the string holding it above our heads will be cut.

And that’s the ballgame.

one of two ways

1. the coming of the Destructor; Volguus Zildrohar, Lord of the Sebouillia. The coming will be preceded by the raising of the dead, and the arrival of the minions Zuul and Vinz Clortho.

2. the reanimation of Prince Vigo Von Homburg Deutschendorf, Scourge of Carpathia and Sorrow of Moldavia. He will usher in a new season of evil with the birth of a new year.

I don’t see how it could be anything but an Asteroid. We know that’s inevitable.