How will a Medicare for all system make things better and cheaper for the middle class?

Also, what about this?

Another third-party measure of insurers came in a 2012 survey by the Colorado-based Medical Group Management Association, a professional association of medical group administrators and executives. The group claims more than 33,000 members.

In that survey asking administrators about their experience with the payers, Medicare did best, with a score for overall satisfaction of 3.53 out of 5, followed by Cigna (3.20), Aetna (3.16), Coventry (3.00) and United Healthcare (2.77).

Well, you stick with your personal anecdote if you want but I am going to go ahead and give the AMA more credibility myself.

Is satisfaction a synonym for lack of claim denials and nobody told me?

Huh? That is literally the next paragraph from your article?

Like I said, that is not direct data and was a survey done by a third party… so yeah.

sigh a survey of doctors, seems to me they might be in a pretty good position to know who denies their billing claims.

And the Colorado survey is not valid?

That part of my post was referring back to your previous post replicated above.

Looks like the source you provided is a mixed bag, with a survey that shows Medicare is preferred from a claim perspective (Colorado survey), and others that show they may have had higher claim denials, but the data has lots of variability and is not directly from the insurance companies.

Doctors don’t do their own billing.

Again, the Colorado survey asked about satisfaction, not strictly claim denial rates.

And? Do they need to physically do it themselves to have access to the pertinent data on claim denials?

So a random sampling by a third party is more accurate than their overall satisfaction?

Again, nothing you provided is hard data, only a survey using random sampling.

I say your source is zero sum in regard to backing your claims… no pun intended :wink:

When you are talking about insurance claim denials I would hardly call the people who are trying to bill them only to get declined a third party.

Pretty much since they have staff for that.

Are their staffs keeping claim denial rates a secret from their bosses? Why would they do such a thing?

This is an exceedingly simplistic analysis and doesn’t take into account substantial differences in the type and characteristics of various patients.

yep… my wife just had knee surgery.

the bill from the hospital was over 100k.
what he hospital actually got between us and teh insurance company was 18k.

Same when I had hernia surgery a few years ago. Bill to the insurance company was a little over $23k. Final bill was a little over $9k.

I don’t know you tell me.