How the Pandemic Defeated America

I gave you hard dates and hard information.

Did he call the virus a hoax or the dem claims a hoax? Be honest now.

Indeed. This really nails it too.

SWAN: They don’t listen to me or the media or Fauci, they think we’re fake news. They want to get their advice from you. And so when they hear you say “everything’s under control, don’t worry about wearing masks,” I mean, these are people—many of them are older people, Mr. President—it’s giving them a false sense of security.

[Crosstalk]

TRUMP: I think it’s under control.

SWAN: How? A thousand Americans are dying a day.

TRUMP: They are dying that’s true. It is what it is. . . .

Tens of millions of Americans ignored social distancing and mask wearing recommendations because they Trust in Trump(r) and believe everyone and everything else is “fake news.”

His failure to lead by example, word, and action is largely to blame for where we are. He was tweeting about “liberating Michigan” and other states during spikes about reopening too soon. And without masks or social distancing. No other competent leader would have ever done something like this. And his base follows him like lemmings.

He set the stage for his followers to not believe anyone but him. Fake News!!! This is one massive area where he could have, and should have done more and owns a huge amount of the blame for not doing so.

2 Likes

Exactly. Trump and his administration has attacked Fauci relentlessly. Convinced millions of Americans that he is Fake News!

1 Like

Simply amazing.

3 Likes

Whether you like it or not, Trump has convinced millions and millions of Americans to believe no one other than him. To only Trust in Trump® and that all other information is Fake News. This has led to devastating consequences for the nation. Mask wearing has become partisan. People actually believe COVID is a hoax. There aren’t actually 150,000+ dead Americans, and that we aren’t on our way to 300,000+ dead Americans by the end of the year. This is an abysmal failure on his part.

That’s one way to describe it. Another is devastating, given the partisanship over wearing a mask or believing the virus is a hoax or that we aren’t barreling towards 300,000 dead Americans by the end of the year.

1 Like

And this does not even address the besmirching and discrediting of Dr Birx that has begun recently.

1 Like

Explain California. Which party is the partisanship in the major population centers where the vast majority of cases are occurring in Texas and Florida? Explain Louisiana.

What is amazing is how quickly Trump’s pack began howling as soon as Trump woofed at Fauci.

2 Likes

Where?

Perhaps you missed Fauci’s media appearances?

Perhaps you missed Larry Brilliant’s observations on Fauci’s lock down?

This is exactly what you have been saying all along. The virus never rests and allows for no mistakes.

From San Francisco…

The Bay Area, which consists of nine counties and nearly 8 million people, is a cautionary tale for government and health officials. Even though leaders here tried to do everything cautiously and by the book, cases still eventually spiked over a month and a half, to an average of 877 cases a day at the end of July from 217 a day in mid-June.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/08/02/san-francisco-coronavirus-surge/

We protect the vulnerable and let the people work through this as best can be.

:mask:

Exactly. Any of the experts that are not promoting the rosiest of pictures as deemed by Trump in the moment, becomes fair game for attack on their credibility and character. They become part of the “Fake News” cabal. Trust in Trump®

1 Like

Who let the dogs out, woof, woof, woof, woof!

I’m sorry you feel defeated but don’t include me in this and I’m as “American” as it gets.

Explain what? Are you denying that Trump has convinced millions and millions of his followers to only believe in him? To not trust anyone else? That everyone else is Fake News? That his administration has not attacked Fauci, and now Birx, for not being in line with their narrative that everything is fine? That the Coronavirus is a hoax? That there are not 150,000+ dead Americans right now? Read this very board to see these things occurring in real time. Simply amazing.

3 Likes

I’m not sure exactly what that’s supposed to mean.

Explain the spikes.

When has Trump ever told his followers not to wear a mask.

Fever dreams. You’ve convinced yourself that this is what people believe, and you’re not open to anything to the contrary. You’ve chosen to believe pure partisan hackery, taken the hyperbole and posit it as fact. It’s the definition of fake news.

I thought this was going to be a serious conversation. Have a nice day.

3 Likes