How the Pandemic Defeated America

I never thought I’d see the day.

Poeing, huh?

Was that sarcasm? I can’t tell. :wink:

Seriously, I don’t care if it means anything or nothing to you. I sincerely appreciate you doing your part in a collective effort. Thank you.

Nope, they can change 20 times a day if it suits them.

Clearly, they aren’t guru’s. So, personal responsibility should take precedence.

One thing has remained in spite of the wish washy messages: distance, sanitize and don’t touch your face.

Which aren’t effective. But, if it makes someone feel good then by all means. I think they should start making them a fashion statement.

I didn’t. I did it for me and mine.

They are effective.

Wear goggles. That is the current advise.

Who knows what it will be next week.

Of course they are.

I have to wear one in a grocery store.

It is effective because if I don’t I can’t buy groceries.

Sarcasm.

Poe’ing, IMHO, is a style not a single post.

Since Trump has called me “Stupid” and “Human Scum” I’ve been signing my posts as “WW, PSHS” which means “Proud Stupid Human Scum”.

The fact that the post was sarcasm is pretty obvious.
.WW, PSHS

4 Likes

There was a time in this country when every man in it carried a handkerchief or a bandana. Women carried them in their purses.

Would you rather I coughed or sneezed within a foot of you with or without a handkerchief, 'Rona aside?

We have become very inconsiderate of other people.

They work.

There was a time when a gentleman would throw his coat over a mud puddle to let a lady pass.

Now, if you open a door for a woman you’re lucky to get a thank you.

Yes, we have become a very inconsiderate society.

Never claimed they don’t.

Trending down marginally over the course of a weekend. True. My graph was a 5-day average. Not trending down over the past 14 days by any stretch. And spiking massively on a 30-day read.

It is nowhere close to a flattened curve. It’s on the crest of a tsunami right now.

Deaths are trending better now than they did at the beginning. Thanks to the medical community understanding how to best treat this horrific virus. Therapeutics like Remdesivir and steroids and Vitamin C have made huge strides. I do wonder how much quicker we could have gone this path if we weren’t held up on HCQ for so long. But that’s a different discussion.

1 Like

So at the end of all this; Trump is responsible for the deaths of 150,000 people and counting, but not one person can name one tangible thing he could have done differently. Just don’t be Trump.

1 Like

I can.
.WW, PSHS

Please, by all means.

One tangible thing he could have done is resign.
.WW, PSHS

2 Likes

Every press conference.

Who said it was?

Nowhere near a tsunami. Its the whole country, 75k vs NY 30k. It’s a spike that was expected and is currently trending down. Like I said, hopefully that trend continues.

Yes, and this is good news. Another trend I hope continues.

Nah, since you brought it up we can touch on it. If so many medical professionals have used it with success, why insist on discounting it? Vitamin C has been touted as a helpful therapeutic throughout this as well, but you’ve decided to praise its use. HCQ works for some. Hatred of the president from some has made it a political football. How about getting politics out of medicine and let doctors treating patients make the call?

1 Like

Lots of reasons. Teachers only see kids 8 of the 24 hours a day. A lot goes on in those other 16 hours.

A lot, really.

Distraction aside, kids are connected. Kids teach their elders new tech. How it’s always gone.

Which has nothing to do with my point.

If a business requites a college degree or specialization beyond high school, it’s not the fault of public schools that they’re not prepared for qualifications far beyond what most public schools can provide.