How should a leader respond?

Yes, it would have been a good thing to do to have a moment of silence. Trump was wrong not to do something like that.

You’re not helping.

I’ve asked this question before and you’re the first to answer, so thanks for that.

1 Like

You know what he said the moment he stepped on stage? “What a big crowd”

That’s an interesting point, Doug. If only it were relevant to my question. I implied no similarity between Bowers and the Florida shooter, or a connection between the Florida shooter and Trump. I flatly stated a distinction between the actions of our President and the mayor of a mid-size city when it came time to demonstrate leadership.

I didn’t know that. It doesn’t prove that he’s a Trump supporter. TBH, though, if asked which box he checked in 2016, I know which way I’d bet.

That’s fine. My post was not in response to your question. My post was in response to “Another day, another murderous Trump supporter”. You do see the connection there, I assume?

Yes, one of the killers/terrorists in question was not a Trump fan because he believed the man was too surrounded by Jews. Would you prefer “right winger” then?

Yes I do. You did see me call him out on it, didn’t you?

The Yoga studio.

Echoes of Eliot Rodger. Another idiot who felt he was entitled to sexual attention from women, and when he was denied decided the best response was to murder.

This thread makes me want to learn as much as I can about rocket surgery.

2 Likes

A. Andrew Gillum did, at least for a day. Maybe that’s why we’ve gotten our asses kicked.

B. You say “attack”, we say “legitimate discussion of his fitness for office”.

Right. Trump is here being blasted for not recognizing the tragedy enough and before that was being blasted for wanting to pay the respects of the nation to the sight of the killings and the injured in the hospital.

When you impose yourself on mourners who merely ask that you delay your visit, you deserve to be blasted.

No. A few liberals and Democrat politicians wanted to make this about politics. He was welcomed by the Rabbi of the synagogue and paid a respectful visit, representing the country.
This tragedy didn’t “belong” to the Democrat mayor.
And of course he did not impose himself on anyone. No one was required to meet him.

If you say so.

Doug, you owned up earlier that he should have at least called for a moment of silence at the day-of rally. I respect that. But IMO, on the day of the worst massacre of Jews on American soil (9/11 was directed at America, not Jews), you just cancel your little rally. The primary purpose of which is promoting yourself, and secondarily may help local candidates. You don’t open with the crowd size, or talk about your lustrous natural-hair combover. And you absolutely CANCEL it if there is even a WHIFF of a direct correlation between political positions you or your party hold, and the shooter’s motivation. You honestly can’t see any merit in that??

2 Likes

Sigh…

The mayor of the city asked him to delay, because LEO resources would be too stretched to protect both the funerals and the President. He didn’t say don’t come at all, he said please wait. Why is that so impossible for your to get through your skull?

1 Like

There was no LEO problem and no disturbances. Everything went in a proper and respectful manner. Of course the Democrat mayor didn’t say “don’t come because I want to use this for political purposes”. If the mayor had felt that way he would have asked in private and explained the supposed reason. He went right to the media…of course.
And if there was a potential for disturbances I would say that it was important for the representative of all the people in the country to show that we cannot be intimidated by threats.