How much news never makes the news?

And how did you come to that conclusion?

your post

How so? I would give myself a solid ‘B-‘ in French history and their culture. What am I missing when I say throughout history people often vote desperately when they are desperate? It wasn’t long ago the yellow jacket protests were rocking France.

While highly unlikely if things keep getting worse it’s not a forgone conclusion Macron wont be beat by a populist we see it happening one by one across the west. The only popular politicians in Europe are the ones in Central and Eastern Europe. They are loathed at the moment in Western Europe.

You know as much crap as the media gives Trump (Some warranted) and everyone saying he is hated throughout the world, imagine still he is more popular than any Western European leader at the coming G7.

If you watch Liz Wheeler at One American News, she does a segment on what the MSM didn’t show.

1 Like

Huh…how many of em call the media enemies of the state, or rails about fake polls, or act like a perpetual victim?

What the yellow protesters wanted and what was reported here was so laughable. I would give your posts history a solid C- when it comes to french culture

“How much news never make the news?”

What I call the People Magazine effect is keeping new out of the news.

You see an article “Folks are outraged by passage of new law”
And you read that people are outraged and what they think the new law will cause and which famous people are quarreling which which other famous person about the new law.

But what the new law says is buried or absent entirely.

“Parkland survivors support passage of gun control bill introduced yesterday” - will say more about what Parkland survivors think and what the NRA thinks than about what the bill says.

When news happens, reporting people’s reactions to rumors about the newsworthy event takes up the bandwidth that could be used to tell what those events are.