How Many Denials Were There?

Deny the Bailey, run for the Motte.

I already did… I’m in corporate America

Nope. I admit, I don’t read CRT literature. But I hang around different progressive places, and I’ve never seen the mention of traitors.

The only time I have, have been from white/black nationalists, when members date outside their race.

Again… Who is teaching that Black Slavery is happening now? Jim Crow segregation is happening now?

I asked for a movie the shows this… but you didn’t provide… so I’m not holding my breath on this one.

I’m not ashamed at all. I find it fascinating. However what does that have to do with the institution in the US? Whatever connection I had to Africa was stripped away generations ago.

By teaching equality not equity. By teaching opportunity not outcome.

160 years ago, a relatively few very bad people used the government to enslave black people. It took a civil war and 100 years of struggle to fix it. But it got fixed.

Now each of you sitting in this classroom have the opportunity to be the best “you” you can be. If you’re willing to do the work. Your decisions are going to impact your life far more than anything that happened 400 years ago, 160 years ago or yesterday. It won’t be easy, but it can be done.

Now you have a choice to make. Are you going to let bad people define you or are you going to define yourself.

3 Likes

It is hard to maintain a racial or ethnic identity when everyone has multiple racial and national ancestry. Every year that passes, we become more and more a blended society.

1 Like

Crits. If there is any progress pointed to, it is attributed to interest convergence. Papa Bell.

1 Like

No it really isn’t. Anti CRT crusaders are not trying to make room for more slavery and Jim Crow teaching. They are seeking to eliminate it because it makes their kids feel shame/guilt.

We can’t teach about oppressors and oppressed, so how can you possibly teach about slavery?

So you get to think as an individual, but those who don’t agree with your racist views of US Society shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Don’t forget “chattel”.

Can’t tear down master’s house with master’s tools. :fist:t5:

So sweet. So Hegelian.

I’m not sure how this is a response to that post.

Where are the examples of movies/shows that teach slavery is happening today?

Check my premises.

Fences

You betcha. What’s the Power Factor right now?

Motte; We want to teach our point of view that white’s today are born oppressors and that any non-white group is continually oppressed by the white society.

Bailey: If you don’t let me teach a false narrative of current racial oppression, the lessons on past slavery and Jim Crow era injustices will also be removed from the history books.

1 Like

Is this someone’s actual lecture? :rofl:

Yes. Mine. First Day of school in every grade.

Wasn’t you who claimed we have no power and therefore resent it? Now you are claiming we have a lot of power by some unknown factor?

:rofl::+1:t5:

That movie takes place in the 1950s :rofl: