How Many Denials Were There?

There you go. Systematic racism has now been fixed.

1 Like

CRT is NOT IN K-12!!!

I’m sure very recently some progressive was bellyaching about Fox using a column graph which was truncated and was missing the lower 50% or so, and calling that dishonest.

Yeah, yeah…move along…nothing to see here… :nerd_face:

There’s a correlation of the end results in your future, based on the decisions you made today.

And now the counter escalation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/10/05/katy-isd-pulls-books-cancels-authors-visit-after-parents-petition-claiming-subject-matter-teaches-critical-race-theory/%3FoutputType=amp

3rd through 5th graders.

2 Likes

Just watched the school’s video explaining it. It makes quite a bit of sense in what they are working to do.

The overall effort is to not be purely grades focused but more on the process of learning and increased parental involvement. This effort is tied to a grade reporting system that is updated once or twice a week that the parents can monitor and contact teachers about.

The move to make 50% the bottom is all about grade calculation. The example given in the video is that if a student has a B,C,and an I that reasonably the overall grade average should be a D. But in reality since the B is 80 the C is 70 and the I is 0 that pulls the average into a failing grade. By having the floor at 50, the overall grade isn’t put into failure territory by one bad score.

They are also encouraging students to retake tests over within a ten day window because the focus is being shifted to learning instead of the test.

Makes sense to me.

Goodness

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article254872942.html

Along with English, science, math and other graduation requirements, California high school students will have to take a course in ethnic studies to get a diploma starting in 2029-30.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill Friday that makes California among the first in the nation to list ethnic studies as a graduation requirement for all public high school students.

2 Likes

I shudder to think what California will deem ethical.

Oops, misread that. “ethnic” not “ethic.” Same answer though, just swap the words.

1 Like

Not only are they doing it, now it’s mandatory.

2 Likes

Are people from Northern Europe ethnic? Will there be a European ethnic course then?

1 Like

If so, they’ll have to study baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolets. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

How will we ever learn about white people?

Why do I need to learn about any [color] people?

5 Likes

So Hispanics are somehow mysterious and need to be studied differently? Why?
But Hispanics know all about European traditions, because…?

Newsom is a real butt head. A radical’s radical. Poster child for radical.

Have seen a number of california plates locally lately. The libs shouldn’t be allowed to flee the state.

Only those who oppose the madness should be let out.

European traditions are already taught.

Longer, actually.