How do you spend your way to prosperity?

It’s a very simple question. What prompted the question was a segment on Eric Bollings show. A Congressional candidate from SC was being chastised for not listening to unelected Bureaucrats who think it’s a good idea to borrow over a billion dollars to give to Volkswagen to build electric cars. He was told directly he shouldn’t listen to his constituents. His response was that that’s exactly who he should listen to and shot back that the Congressman should be listening to his constituents too.

What the hell kind of mentality are we sending to Washington? It would be easy ( and tempting) to blame Biden and his administration, and while I believe the total destruction of our economy is a huge goal of the left there at far too many on the right who seem content to go along to get along.

It seems our elected officials just simply don’t care about the will of the people. Government is not an entity that creates wealth or provides wages for goods or services provided. We all understand, or at least claim to, that every nickel the government spends and pays it’s employees is from tax revenue and borrowing. It’s a closed loop system. Government can not spend its citizens into prosperity because the more they spend, no matter what their words and intentions, they can only spend more by taking more from the very citizens they claim they want to enrich. Borrowing makes it worse because the money borrowed has to be paid back- with interest! It’s nothing but redistribution and eventually the interest that must be paid back, along with the principle, exceeds the revenue brought in. Such a system is not sustainable and it will collapse. So why would any thinking person believe that bigger government with unlimited spending is something to vote for?

2 Likes

Eric Bolling has a show? Where? Who watches that?

So car companies get subsidies for these crappy electric vehicles and the buyer gets a tax credit . Government loves giving away tax payer dollars. I would think if its a sound product none of that would be needed.

1 Like

You can print your way to utopia. Just ask Zimbabwe or 1924 Germany on how to do it.

2 Likes

Was Germany and Zimbabwe the primary reserve currency ? Were they on a fiat money system?

How is Japan doing?

The reserve system sure is a mantra to you guys.

1 Like

Germany was on the ■■■■■ we can’t pay our reparations” system. So they printed a ■■■■ ton of money to make the notes.

Zimbabwe oppressed and kicked out all their white land owners so they were on the “oh my God we don’t even have good faith and credit and backing our money anymore” system.

I’m pretty sure we could do the same thing if we put our minds to it enough.

Also Japan? They still haven’t fully recovered from their bubble bursting in 1990. So I don’t see what relevance they play in this right now.

So I guess I’m going to have to ask this…although I’m really curious as to where the hell Eric Bolling has a show. He got drummed out of Fox for being a jackass to the women so I’m not sure where he ended up…can government spend into prosperity in the agricultural industry?

2009-2019 - ten years of prosperity was started and continues by historical government spending.

Many who complain about bailouts or the QE also watches their 401k grow…

Now let look at Japan and what austerity can do.

1 Like

You can also see it on a microeconomic scale. People spend money on instruments like stocks and bonds all the time as part of their investment strategy. If you handle the money you spent (and are spending) on investments correctly, they can help you prosper.

Eric Bolling is on Newsmax

That is absolutely not surprising.

…as “we the people” are 35 trillion in debt and climbing quickly and “prosperity” is NOT happening for the common man. The inflation caused by that spending is doing the opposite.

3 Likes

…said the CNN, MSNBC viewer who’d rather watch Rachel Maddow. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Now ask yourself, if it’s such a great idea, how come it can’t exist on it’s own two feet?

3 Likes

…and the fact you couldn’t Google it or find out for yourself something that ezpz…isn’t either. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Bolling is on Newsmax at 8 pm.

The government is not a for profit entity. Yes, tax payers and companies can invest and grow their money. Government can’t. Why push for a bigger spending government?

It’s not what you send, it’s what it becomes. Washington is a huge machine. It chews up “different” and expulses same. Same bureaucrats doing the same stealing and telling the same lies.

The mentality (and rationalizations) are straight out of Atlas Shrugged

…and the 8 Rs who voted not to impeach Mayorkas are the perfect example. Now…say bye Ken Buck.

1 Like