House will vote on impeachment procedures Thursday to ‘ensure transparency’

They are in for a world of hurt. This isnt mueller…just wait till the redacted stuff get sin their hands…

It’s a twofer. All the snivelling about it not being formalized with a vote will now add to the weight of it being formalized, giving even more urgency to the subpoenas as they’re defended in court. We know they’ll be defended in court because the only thing left for the administration is to try to suppress information.

McCarthy and friends will surely be moving the goalposts.

1 Like

No question… I think this really a maneuver to give Supreme Court no option on enforcing the subpoenas. Imagine the precedent they will set if they allow anything other than very, very narrow executive prívela he rights at most.

The problem is that they are operating on an impeachment vote they lost in July. Graham called them on it, so now they have to follow the precedent process.

The House overwhelmingly blocked a vote to move ahead with articles of impeachment against President Trump on Wednesday, after Democratic Texas Rep. Al Green introduced the measure on Tuesday evening.

The vote was 332 to 95, with most Democrats voting alongside Republicans to table the measure. The 95 Democrats who voted not to table the measure would have supported moving ahead with the articles of impeachment, either by holding a vote on them today or referring them to the committee.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler was one of the representatives who voted to move forward. His committee would be the one to initiate impeachment proceedings. He has not publicly said he supports impeachment.

Failure to move this to the Judiciary will be just as problematic and now we will have a record of the rogue Congress members.

Very exciting. Should be a big day Thursday.

:ballot_box_with_check:

The house can vote every month on impeachment if they desire… There is no limit and there is no problem with this vote. Do you really think Pelosi would be calling for the votes if she didn’t have enough for it to pass?

She has the votes. Didn’t you want transparency? What’s the issue now?

https://twitter.com/speakerpelosi/status/1188930794515062786?s=21

3 Likes

Yeah. You got the explicit language in Constitution about the role of the House in impeachment versus the undocumented, unmentioned principle of “Executive Privilege.”

Rubber, meet road.

Nail, meet hammer.

1 Like

Keep trying…You might get there before the voters in 2020.

Did you see the market today?

:mega:

Lol… Will the senate be checking the market before voting whether to remove?

“SECRET SOVIET STYLE! SECRET SOVIET STYLE!”

“Ok, we’ll vote to formalize the inquiry and make the hearings public.”

“OPEN SOVIET STYLE! OPEN SOVIET STYLE!”

9 Likes

No surprise that Trump filed an appeal on the redacted stuff with the D.C. circuit today. It’s heavily weighted with Democratic-appointed judges, by the way, fans.

Remember that case last week where the house won access to the grand jury material? The DOJ filed for stay arguing the same argument. This vote will destroy that argument.

2 Likes

That’s been done a long time. Why haven’t they released it? I bet I know why.

What the hell does the market have to do with this vote? :rofl:

Also, the language of the resolution will affirm the ongoing, existing impeachment inquiry, thus shooting down any argument that the inquiry starts new at the vote.

What’s gonna be the goalpost move by Trumpists?

Something along the lines of “public circus.” Absolutely zero sense of personal responsibility or self reflection.

Baghdadi’s death is already off the front page. Desperate for positive signs.

Boo-urns! Boo-urns!

1 Like

I could see it happening…but I can see Robert’s being above it as well.

Theyve already gone against precedent before

Irrelevant nonsense

I think the question should be what will be the next goalpost move. Because it’ll keep moving and moving. Like the Energizer bunny.

They were always going to pivot to the next scam after this. It’s what they do whine till they get there way and then pivot to the next whine because they need to be victims