House Panel Expands Investigation Into White House Personal Email Use

“The House Oversight and Reform Committee now wants copies of all communications sent and received through personal email and messaging apps.”

My guess is this is gonna be one of those few times when there is bipartisan support on this board for congressional oversight. We’ve already been through this whole personal email thing and I think almost everyone here agrees that our politicians and the people doing executive work need to have secure devices.

If the Executive claims privilege on all of this, like with the tax returns, I hope they don’t roll over on this like they seem to on that issue.

Cummings: WH, hand over the emails.

WH: Nope.

Cummings: Dang it.

1 Like

No, They will come up with a reason that this is different.

You got him now!

1 Like

Right on cue.

:wink:

Funny

Any updates on collusion and impeachment?

What happened to the daily russian updates?

The mantra of this administration and its supporters shouldnt be “MAGA”… it should be “Do as I say, not as I do”

DAISNAID?

Pretty much.

Flip floppers.

Good to see this. And the House should hold hearings when there’s any movement in the investigation. Let 'em drag on and on and on.

The chairman, Representative Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, said that a lawyer for Ms. Trump, President Trump’s daughter, and Mr. Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, told the committee late last year that in addition to a private email account, Mr. Kushner uses an unofficial encrypted messaging service, WhatsApp, for official White House business, including with foreign contacts.

So my question is that certainly both of them were told that this was a potential problem. I wonder if they have cleaned up their act or not.

1 Like

Lock her up