Historic U.S. Job Market Continues as African-American Unemployment Rate Hits New Low

Again, just part of the trend

Another trend continued…

Seems to be a trend among Republicans to just post things without backing the data up. When you look at the data, nothing is really that impressive.

That’s funny. Yes, Trump inherited near full employment. Interest rates started rising when he and the GOP blew up the deficit with stimulus tax cuts at near full employment.

If Obama doubled the deficit in 2016 to keep the trend alive I’m sure you’d be cheering that on too?

3 Likes

And murder, including that of a freed slave and conspiracy. Taken into custody and ass whipped by US Marines.

Today is the anniversary of the treasonous bastard’s hanging. Thanks for bringing it up.

Nothing brings me more pleasure than bringing up one of the reasons for the end of slavery.

Bobby Lee got his comeuppance a few years (and many dead bodies) later.

Abe Lincoln rules as number one, just as slaver Buchanan is at the bottom.

Allan

Celebrating a treasonous murderer.

One who was railroaded by a Virginia judge who refused him his chosen lawyer.

Instead he was represented by a local yokel who admitted Brown committed the crimes and apologized for having to defend Brown.

Mass hysterteria about slaves revolting against their masters.

The slavers were deathly afraid of being killed by their slaves.

Don’t you know history, sneaky?

Allan (teaching history to the hannity forum since 2002)

I am not going to take the time to review every post on the economy in the past year, but I have read many times here that this is the greatest economy ever, regardless of whether you said it.

As to approaching full employment, as the Obama years produced consistent success in unemployment numbers, all we heard from his opponents was that this did not matter because labor force participation (driven largely by baby boomer retirements) was dropping. As soon as Trump became President, the conservative focus on labor force participation evaporated in favor of focusing on unemployment.

The small upward trend in manufacturing jobs began in the last two years of the Obama Presidency and has continued under Trump; but it is not something Trump’s team generated.

I have no problem with acknowledging the positive economic results of the past two and a half years; what I object to is the obsessive focus on denying any positive results under Obama.

1 Like

Bull ■■■■■ He had lawyers from all over.

He killed a freed slave.

Trump’s bestest, booming economy can’t even beat the GDP growth of Obama’s worst recovery.

1 Like

Yet when it came to his famous trial, was only represented by a local lawyer. Was not allowed his own representation at his trial.

Sorry to inform you but you have been misinformed on the history of John Brown.

Allan

He’s beating Obama’s unemployment rate. GDP growth is a lagging indicator.

How’s the consumer spending going?

To counter, how the business spending going.

Allan

Not true. His Virginia lawyer just closed, and made a pretty good argument. The jury just didn’t buy it. Of course you wouldn’t know that, not being a lawyer yourself.

You are celebrating a treasonous murdering bastard who attacked his own country and had to be subdued by Marines.

And he killed the very people his psycho ass was claiming to fight for, not to mention two of his sons.

Great. You didn’t answer.

Yay, Obama took trump 90 yards to the 10 yard line and Trump got a TD. Nice work Trump.

Consumer spending is going ok right now, nothing spectacular.

4 Likes

Which goes on the scoreboard?

You sure about that? Wasn’t there just a record set?

Your link is from August 2.

I’m surprised that everybody isn’t thankful our historically downtrodden brothers aren’t doing so well.

1 Like

In the game of life, the millions more jobs that Obama added goes on the scoreboard.

You probably think market records are somehow meaningful by themselves as well.

Rates of change are what matters.

Moving analogies - how convenient for you.

What matters is what confirms our bias.

To be fair, neither did you.

Here the deal.

Consumer spending up, business spending down equals 2% GDP growth. That’s okay and obama-like.

Allan