Hey, At least we aren't Canada (redux)

Came across this photo and decided to share.

They don’t want people blasting lasers all over the park. Too many grown folks people can’t read the mood when they play.

“Tell us you’re a pet without telling us you’re a pet.”

:rofl:

1 Like

And whatever someone doesn’t want should be permanently outlawed (tattoos, pink sneakers, playing hard, switch hitters designated hitters on the entire field.)

“There’s a basketball move I have never liked so I’ll outlaw on all public courts. Oh and I don’t like red cars either so, they should be outlawed too.” mentality

They’ll never win at Street Fighter II with those rules.

3 Likes

That sign is no different than No diving and No dunking at the pool and on the court. Come on, don’t make an argument that proves the sign’s necessity. That baby-sized diamond is not a home-run derby.

That’s not a baby sized diamond. It looks like it could be a little league field. Why not put a basketball court there if they can’t play baseball? Where is this place, at a mental institution? Then I could see.

1 Like

I did a little research on this field. It’s called MacGregor playground baseball diamond. Those rules weren’t always there. What we can’t see in the picture are the condos in left field. Once they went up, those rules came in.

1 Like

Looks like a youth softball field. Probably part of a larger complex of youth fields for both softball and baseball. The no homeruns and no competitive play rules do seem rather stupid.

I like to think Trudeau is getting ready to be ousted. He barely won the last election and he’s getting beat by in the coming election. I can’t think the whole nation is a nation of ■■■■■■

Next up:
“No fair skating really hard, and
no good shots taken directly at the goal.”

Competition is offensive to progressives.

And now, for the rest of the story

From the article: The city has imposed other rules intended to make it harder to hit balls out of the park. In addition to the mandate against moon-shots, players are also prohibited from using aluminum bats, overhand pitching or hard balls.

So sure, they may have gone overboard with these regs, but once again we see the Connie knee-jerk just doesn’t match reality

1 Like

Yeah, condos. What’s the point of crossing out #4 when #6 is still there? No home runs didn’t mean you couldn’t have an inside the park homer.

Once they put the condos up, they should have just removed the diamond. That’s what usually happens. Put benches or a basketball court there. Otherwise the local kids will use that sign as 2nd base.

And what exactly is the “Connie knee jerk reaction?”
did we call it aStananic?
Did we get angry.

What in your imagination did you imagine we were doing?
Oh and btw first line from your article
“The city is backtracking on a rule banning home runs at a public softball diamond in the downtown west end, after some players cried foul over the restriction…”