He's Back! Roy Moore is Running

He’s already demonstrated that he can’t beat the incumbent. I really believe this time will be different. I don’t see him getting the GOP nod.

Yeah but that will be Roy’s play. This time will be different. Higher turnout in a presidential election year(in Alabama) so he’ll win this time. And based on Alabama voters. Is he wrong?

Gotta love a pedophile running for Senate again.

Will he get the same endorsements?

We have a disagreement. Can’t you leave it at that? Nothing you can say will change my mind and nothing I say will change your mind. We will simply have to agree to disagree.

Huh? You said this time will be different. I’m pointing out that Moore can use(and probably will) the same argument to convince people he’ll win in the general election this time. It’s called discussion on a forum. You can say something back. But I do find that historically this is where you stop and say no one’s opinions will change, there’s no point, I’m done with this conversation, and still keep going without responding to people. Do I have that right?

3 Likes

One more time.

I believe Moore will be defeated in the Primary and you don’t. I’ve provided my arguments and you have presented yours. There really is nothing else to say. While you might want to continue to make me see it your way, I have no such desire. I really don’t care what you do or don’t believe.

So I believe this is where we agree to disagree and move on. :wink:

And probably raise a few hundred thousand dollars while he’s at it.

What’s sad is that Moore has a good chance of winning. It’s Alabama.

Anti-abortion, anti separation of church and state, pro Trump, definitely in favor of Confederate monuments, anti-Washington. What’s not to like?

1 Like

He’s also a good ol’ boy.

I agree with “old”, not sure about “boy.” As to “good” that kinda depends where you’re coming from

1 Like

Why do people insist on thinking they get to control posts around here?

Post and post, and when they get tired they run off with excuses.

1 Like

Its fine to say “innocent until proven guilty” or it doesn’t matter because it was so long ago and the statute of limitations has run out anyway. Fine, as far as not bringing criminal charges. It is idiotic to start a Republican campaign to regain what should be a safe Alabama Senate seat by entering with the same lead weight around your neck that sank you last time.

1 Like

Well put… but of course there was no way to stop Moore from declaring. I remember that after Jones won, people said that the R’s would regain the seat easily in two years and I posted, “but what if Moore runs again.” One thing we know for certain about Judge Moore, based on his 10 Commandments Momument days, he does not give up on things…

So given that he is allowed to run… what should he Republicans do. I don’t know; maybe in a Presidential year, Moore wins. Certainly it is hard to imagine Trump losing Alabama. But the bigger issue is not one Senate seat; its the national problem Moore poses for the party, because just as conservatives pretend AOC is much more important in Democratic circles than she actually is, you can be certain Democrats will be happy to make Moore a representative of the Republican Party nationally.

Repubs need to denounce him and force him to quit. But that won’t happen.

He will win the GOP nomination.

Moore is trash regardless.

Bam!!!

1 Like

Mitch is behind him…until he becomes the GOP guy…then, full on board.

Mitch went through a period of opposing Moore in the last cycle, until he embraced and fully funded him. Major funding and Trump’s endorsement — Judge Moore is the very model of a modern Republican.

1 Like