Herman Cain hospitalized with covid

Excellent post and sums up the situation nicely.

I cannot understand why anyone would not think that the Federal Government would take the lead on a national pandemic.

Its amazing how Trump supporters are critical of everyone else yet when it comes to the dear leader his performance was flawless.

4 Likes

Dear Leader explained it to them.
“I am not responsible.”

1 Like

So thoughts and prayers work, eh?

Must be doing it wrong when it comes to school shootings…

1 Like

Herman Cain demonstrated how bad his judgement is, and he’s paying the price for his ignorance now. Hopefully others learn from this and listen to medical experts and scientists. It’s not rocket science - wear a mask and avoid indoor prolonged social contact. Avoid auditoriums with crowds. Avoid crowded spaces. Duh.

Cain is part of the reason America is performing like a 3rd world country in its response to the virus outbreak.

1 Like

Not particularly. He isn’t dead and doesn’t appear any worse for wear.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Please read the rules. They are posted here:

With unemployment where it is it can seem a tad insensitive to shout about how great the country is doing for you.

2 Likes

Even if the price is as low as sitting in a hospital for two weeks it isn’t a price I would want to pay for my “ignorance”. The price could have been much higher.

4 Likes

A week in the hospital with an incurable illness is no price for a guy in his 70s? I think it is. I think it probably scared the crap out of him. And he’s still not out of the woods. And he probably will suffer later health issues because of it.

How big a price are the rioters/looters, anarchists paying?

Or do you think the spike in those age ranges is just a “coincidence”? :roll_eyes:

Could have been. Wasn’t. It was a price of cents, not dollars and hyperbole does little in this instance to advance any meaningful discussion. I’m tired of the inability of people to just deal in facts with reasonable levels of reaction.

A week in the hospital is a pretty low price for anyone. The rest is just your projection.

What? You think Cain got COVID from rioters and looters?

This guy put himself in the hospital due to his own stupidity. He could have followed a few basic protections and avoided the whole thing. But he chose not to. He’s an idiot at best; an absolute embarrassment as a leader or person of influence.

1 Like

I think most people would disagree with you, especially COVID patients.

It is reasonable to think had Cain wore a mask and been surrounded by those who wear masks that he might have avoided sitting in a hospital for two weeks. His time in the hospital is fact, not hyperbole. Saying the price could have been much higher is not hyperbole either.

2 Likes

And the price to anyone I might interact with.

And the price to my friends.

And the price to my family.

2 Likes

When we use the phrase “paid the price”, we dont mean minimal prices. The phrase is intended to bring to mind severity. In Cains case, the price was minimal. It simply was. He was inconvenienced with a hospital stay significantly less than those with severe cases of Covid 19.

Nor does the phrase include possibilities of what it could have cost. It trades in what it actually cost.

In Cain’s instance, it cheapens the phrase, cheapens the actual price, and clouds the issue.

Sure. But that’s not what the phrase means.

1. What you think means very little.

2. In terms of severe cases, I’d wager there are plenty of Covid patients who wouldn’t mind trading places with Cain.