Here is what Repub Congress is up to now. Not Ukraine, not Israel, but

It was a rhetorical question.

Biden’s $100 billion moon train laughs at the republicans “waste of resources.”

3 Likes

“WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) today proposed new energy-efficiency standards for refrigerators and clothes washers that will lower household energy costs and significantly reduce pollution. DOE expects the new standards, which have not been updated in over a decade, to save American consumers approximately $3.5 billion per year on their energy and water bills. These proposed rules are the Biden-Harris Administration’s latest steps in delivering savings through appliance efficiency, as directed by Congress. “

Their method of selling the restrictions they are placing on consumers, of course. And of course the proposed banning of gas stoves.

“The Inflation Reduction Act” :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Has inflation been reduced? Oh yeah, it has.

You have to be some kind of special stupid to think spending a ton more money is going to reduce inflation.

But the dem base seems to buy it.

Speaks volumes about their base!

2 Likes

Suuuuuuu re.
Remmember the 32 oz drinks and ban on them?
It DID happen.

Sure beats the queer priorities of the left lately.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Notice how that gets a lib’s crusty panties in a bunch?

:rofl:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunately not a Soviet thing. It’s a Russian language thing. The reason why Russians are famously adopting English phrases into their language is because it sometimes takes four words to describe something rather than just one.

For example the word deposition in Russian is translated into three multisyllable words

1 Like

Ah that makes sense.

I always thought the insane names they gave to their various departments was just a revolutionary zeal thing. Kind of like how after the Tennis Court Oath in the French Revolution and it was time for the 3rd estate to rename itself they had an all night orgy of delegates promoting longer and more ridiculous names for their new assembly. It got out of control until the next morning someone made a sensible recommendation and everyone just approved it so they could get some sleep.

Dude…please…stop. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Not Ukraine, not Israel,

Good!

I recall this being said about electric cars quite often, and now blue states are banning the sale of ICE vehicles. Even if some of this agenda is clearly dumb, let’s not pretend that the Democrats won’t actually make the same plays down the line.

1 Like

As if Lib leaders legislate anymore. Please… They use executive orders and activist judges to carry out their agenda. How else do we have high gas prices, high inflation and an invasion of illegals that a Republican house doesn’t want? Since TJ basically tells SCOTUS to go ■■■■ itself, the house has to try to pass legislation and withhold funding to get anything done to stop the lawless Libs. That’s going to change though, in January…

1 Like

The thing is, I don’t see the problem with this. They’re promoting bills that their constituents want. Isn’t that what they are supposed to do?

The vast majority of Americans don’t really care that much about Ukraine or Israel beyond “oh man, that’s depressing but it’s not happening here.”

1 Like

Specifically because of the IRA?

I’m honestly shocked that the rules committee is doing anything at all, so good for them, even if it’s stupid or bad.

2 Likes

True.
They don’t care enough about their OWN border or Constitution.
The Left here is equal to Hamas and Russia abuse.
So it’s happening here too just in a different form.
Half of the country is tolerating treason and waiting for " November" that may never come.
So…can anyone say with a straight face that we have a “Democracy” and “Freedom” here.
I don’t.
Living in tirany is not Freedom.
What will it take to call it what it realy IS?
Remmember " I give you Republic…if you can keep it…"
Guess …it took only couple of rounds around the block to squander it.

2 Likes

These are not real bills- they’re ‘messaging bills’. They will probably never come up for a vote.