Heller and the 2nd Explained in great detail

Holy hell do you guys sure looooove to dictate how other people should act all the while complaining about the expansion of government into our lives.

I dont need to do anything. You can stop from now on telling me what I need to do samm.

Actually it’s not that remote. We see tons of cases get thrown up their way. All it takes is a shift in court and bam…

Which is nonsensical in 2020.

Then I can carry openly.

I am neither.

Class 3 dealers.

Cool. I can do that with the 2nd too (Pick and chose words).
You seemed to miss the 1st sentence.

The gave EXAMPLES. NOT a complete list.

And he was correct, as the 10th Amendment clearly states.

Although I’m not sure what “mentioned” means. My rights are not granted by the government.

“Well Regulated”.

A well regulated clock keeps proper time.

A saddle horse with a well regulated gait is a joy to ride.

A well regulated engine runs smoothly and efficiently.

“Well Regulated” in this context has nothing to do with gov’t regulation it merely meant that in order to have the ability to raise civilian militias capable of defending their homes, communities, states, and the nation in times of emergency it is essential that our right to keep and bear arms remain protected.

It says nothing at all about states anywhere in the 2nd.

The right to self defense and means with which to do so will always remain the most basic and important of rights.

None of those limitations are limitations on “The People”.

You can lose your rights through due process due to your own actions individually.

I will give you credit though for actually finding and quoting the whole paragraph unlike most of the lefties who get stuck at “not unlimited”.

We can and should deny some people the right to keep and bear but only with great care and protection of their rights.

1 Like

He gave us examples that pass constitutional muster and he chose those specific examples carefully as a guide to the future.

It’s says nothing about self defense.

It doesn’t need to. That is the basis for the right to keep and bear arms.

We agree 100%. We simply differ on what equals “great care and protection”

Something that has been missed and I, personally, find encouraging.

VA Senate introduced to bring back the 1 gun a month policy that we in effect from 1994 to 2012.
It had the vote to pass.

But the NRA lobby day happened. The people that showed up asked what the goal was. Dems said “to stop VA from once again, being the number 1 state for gun runners as it was before 1994”
NRA said “if you were sure they weren’t gun runners, would you allow it?”
Dems said yup.
So NRA proposed giving a exception for CCL holders who passed more extensive backgrounds, submitted finger prints, etc

VA Dems said “yeah, that’s fair and a good point”.
And passed that.

That is how politics should work. The majority set the agenda and goals. Then both parties work towards a solution to meet those goals.

The NRA still doesn’t like the law, would rather it not pass, but they lose the election. So they changed their focus.

Due process erring on the side of the individual. Problem solved.

The NRA and “the dems” are not the majority and we don’t vote on rights. If we did, homosexual marriage wouldn’t be legal in California and that would be wrong.

As far as who should be allowed to own a firearm?
100% agree.
Same with voting right?
So I am assumed to have the right to vote and to remove the right you need due proccess and to err on side of individual right?

Do you support same day voting registration? Or even having to register at all??

The Dems in won the election. They are the majority. They won gov (for the 4th out of 5th time) and won the majority on the Senate and house.
All while running on gun control.

So yup …they are the majority.

Yes, exactly the same. A right is a right. Stop trying to diminish this one.

I’m agreeing with you.
Also glad to see you agree with same day voter registration