HE WORKS THERE: AOC Complains Lindsey Graham Receiving a ‘Check from the Government’ Since 1995

Originally published at: HE WORKS THERE: AOC Complains Lindsey Graham Receiving a ‘Check from the Government’ Since 1995 | Sean Hannity

Controversial Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez confused millions of followers on social media this week; bizarrely attacking Senator Lindsey Graham for “receiving a check from the government” since 1995.

“My focus is not giving people a check from the government. My focus is to make sure you get your paycheck from your employer,” said Graham regarding workers struggling during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Sen. Lindsey Graham: "My focus is not giving people a check from the government. My focus is to make sure you get your paycheck from your employer." pic.twitter.com/3eDyh7ick0

— The Hill (@thehill) March 17, 2020

“Lindsey Graham has received a check from the government every month since 1995,” quipped AOC.

Lindsey Graham has received a check from the government every month since 1995. https://t.co/LCUVCv63xt

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) March 17, 2020

Users on social media quickly pointed out that Sen. Graham is employed by the federal government.

“I, too, receive a check from my employer,” said one person.

“The government IS his employer,” added another.