Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?

How do you come to such poor conclusions? The more rich people a country has the better the people are fed… Do you own thinking…lol!

And why aren’t you in Venezuela? …Or how many of the homeless sleep at your house each night?

1 Like

What did I just say?

Because you have it. You should have given it to the needy.

I do give a lot of it to the needy. why don’t you? or maybe you do?

If you still have more money than they do, there is still a problem.

I tithe 10% to my church and I donate 35% to charity. what do you do? and why is it a problem? no one has explained that one to me yet.

I just did. If you still have more money than they do, there is still a problem.

I still don’t get it

I know even though my wife and I make more money now we were able to save much more 5 or so years ago than we can now.

:rofl: bull feathers.

It’s simple math. If you have more money than them, you need to give them more until you don’t.

Not if you are defeated before even starting.

Regards
DL

Well put, but taxing the anything out of anyone goes against the notions of a fair taxing system.

Fairness beats unfair and is longer lasting.

Regards
DL

I just picked these up. Enjoy.

Regards
DL

I guess the word fairness escapes you.

Regards
DL

Life is not fair.

Matthew 19:24

They earned that money.

You didn’t.

It really is none of your business how they spend it.

If they want to give to a scholarship fund, or organization like Médecins Sans Frontières, or Little Johnny Rotten’s bail account, it really is none of anyone’s damned business.

Those who truly are altruistic give because to them it really is the right thing to do—not to be seen as charitable.

You know, I really think if you were interested in this topic, you’d run a search on a net like www.ask.com like “To what charitable endeavors does (Insert Name Here) donate his or time & resources, & you’d get numerous hits depending on who is the object of the question.

Jimmy Carter has done a lot for Habitat for Humanity. Kirk Douglas & his wife, Ann Buydens, helped build a women’s homeless shelter in L A. Supermodel Gisele Bundchen has given of herself in every cause from feeding the hungry on Thanksgiving & in her native Brazil :brazil: to pediatric cancer research.

But I don’t think you’re really interested in it. Like many the less fortunate are simply a smokescreen, an excuse to bash those who have done well for themselves.

You know your history. Most famous member of the South Fork Hunting and Fishing club.

I am a self-educated idiot.