Have the rich and powerful lost their altruistic instincts?

That’s pathetic. Altruism is a belief. The Government has neither the duty nor the ability to enforce what people believe.

At what? Being unsympathetic to the plight of others of their species?

If it’s forced, it isn’t altruism, it’s stealing. If you don’t know the difference, that’s both sad and scary.

2 Likes

They do what they do to survive, not because their evil like us.

Wrong. Animals (other than humans, that is) are amoral. Morals, including evil, are human construct. Animals kill without empathy. Many animals even kill other animals just for the fun of it (and then play with their corpses) not for survival. If you watched the nature shows on PBS, you would know that.

Now, how are animals better than people?

Let’s start with you and your money.

Spoken by someone who doesn’t seem to have their own.

That’s right. I have a right to 70% of yours. How much do you have?

Not only that but the cost of living and taxation has increased exponentially especially in states like NJ. Back in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s one person could work and support a family of 5 or 6 whereas today both people are working and in most cases can barely support a family of 3 or 4.

Enough to not worry. How about you?

Then you have too much and I have a right to whatever I feeeeeeel like is the excess.

How much do you have, We… have a right to know.

I made a small fortune thanks to the Obama economy. How much did you make during these prosperous years?

Gimme my 70%.

Check will be in the mail when you tell us how much you made during the hugely prosperous Obama years.

No…they live by natural instincts. We have developed the instinct that peoples lives matter. We do not let the weak, damaged or disabled due off. That makes us better, but it also makes us struggle to do so.

The same I make now, which is irrelevant.

You’ve admitted to a fortune in public. Gimme my 70%. You don’t deserve it.

They aren’t evil.

why were you not cashing in during the good times? poor financial advice from someone? put everything into gold maybe?

a small fortune. why don’t I deserve it?

Absolutely. The biggest change is contributing towards your benefits. Between taxes and benefits I pay over 500 a week. It’s weird because the difference between making 32 dollars and hour and 22 dollars an hour is a lot in gross income, but only about 150 bucks in net income. That’s the reason I am seriously considering going back to the easier job at lower pay. The net pay isn’t that much different.

All mighty government, great provider and benofactor to all, we humbly beseech you. Provide onto us the wealth redistributed from those unworthy of such blessings. Give onto us this day the focus of all our wants and desires. Provide for us the comfort and ease of security and smite those who would deny such blessings. Make for us a kingdom upon the ashes of those who would keep what they have earned. And bless us the entitled, the true heirs to the earth.

1 Like