Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016

She always makes these assertions and never backs them up. Nothing new.

The first Hate Crimes bill passed congress in 94. We’ve been over this several times so there’s no reason we have to keep going back.

A terminal case, got it.

But were not discussing liberals. We were discussing hate crime legislation.

That’s mostly correct, but his campaign call for banning immigration from Muslim countries comes to mind as one.

I do not know whether hate crimes have increased in occurrence or not. Though Trump is not to blame per se, white supremacist activity (not necessarily criminal) has been on the rise.

That happens and it is bad. I think it might be exaggerated though.

I have not seen anythibg that points to either side being correct.

I’m opposed to affirmative action. I’m a bit hesitant to call it “racism”.

It is based on a notion of equality that looks to make negate the effects of previously institutionalized racism. Not all kinds of equality are compatible, which I realized a while ago.

I have seen evidence of anti-Trump people committing violence, but I have seen no evidence of racism from them.

You didn’t do anything to explain the relevance of your prior reply to the conversation.

I have not seen evidence of this being the first.

Yes you have because I’ve provided the links to you repeatedly.

and

There’s a reasonable explanation for all this, even if the alleged facts here are correct, and even if Trump is not a racist and has not said anything really racist.

The explanation is that the Left successfully branded him as a racist, in 2015-16, so this narrative became accepted in the popular media, and he became this symbol of racism in popular thinking, so that then when he makes a major appearance somewhere, it arouses the local racists and they commit racist acts as a result.

It’s not because he said anything racist, but because he had become the symbol of racism and bigotry and prejudice which was pinned onto him by his opposition. This label became accepted in the culture, so that the racists adopted him as their hero, and his appearances then inspired them, as also his election has emboldened the racists. Even though he said nothing racist…

If he had done everything the same, but no one had accused him of being a racist and made this symbol out of him, there would not have been any upsurge in racist incidents.

This can explain all the facts reported in the study.

The study is a sham from beginning to end. They set out to prove a preconceived result and structured the “study” to that end.

“Similar Counties”, “Reported Hate Crimes”.

Not a single mention of what those crimes were, who committed them, or how many convictions resulted if any.