Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016

Those crazy people from Texas giving us this report.

I know this study is not going to surprise anyone but I think it points out a very important thing. People are willing to fight for Donald Trump. They’re willing to get violent. That’s a heck of a thing to have in your back pocket.

And I guess the real question is what are they fighting for?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: great report. Well done. Does it include attacks on people for wearing red caps?

2 Likes

Some context from the article:

Branton, Martinez-Ebers, and Feinberg noted that their study “cannot be certain” that the marked increase was solely attributed to Trump’s rhetoric. But they also shut down the suggestion that the reported hate crimes were fake.

“In fact, this charge is frequently used as a political tool to dismiss concerns about hate crimes,” the analysis said. “Research shows it is far more likely that hate crime statistics are considerably lower because of underreporting.”

“Additionally, it is hard to discount a ‘Trump effect’ when a considerable number of these reported hate crimes reference Trump,” they continued. “According to the ADL’s 2016 data, these incidents included vandalism, intimidation and assault.”

It’s more like “fighting back” or “self defense” against crazed TDS attackers.

The only truth of LIBERALISM is that liberals always accuse others of what they are guilty of themselves.

2 Likes

The report lists “hate crimes” but what it didn’t show is which way is the hate going? Is it one way, both ways…it doesn’t say. When I observe Ben Shapiro scheduled to give a talk and the hateful violence that’s displayed by the left before, during and after his speech…one could say that Ben stirs up hate but that isn’t an actual depiction of the whole truth…just as this article isn’t. Provide actual numbers and what acts took place and who did it…then allow the readers to reach their own conclusion. This article provides the conclusion but not the evidence in which to logically derive it.

White people are committing crimes everywhere that Trump is cool!

IT’S OVER 9,000!!!

For years liberals have been telling us that the media didn’t cause people to be violent. Now we have the biggest media star, the President, saying this or retweeting that and suddenly it’s his fault people are committing hate crimes and white nationalism is up. I say that’s baloney. Trump is not responsible for the political beliefs of the people he quotes or even the the things he says himself. You’re not supposed to take him seriously. That’s why he was elected. He says the things that his people want to hear, and then you guys get all upset, making us seem like the victim. That’s why Trump will win again in 2020. Nobody wants to vote for a cry baby. Trump is the biggest counter-puncher and he will never apologize for winning.

1 Like

Doing hate crimes for um…self defense.

4 Likes

Every day there is an incident where those wearing MAGA gear such as hats or T-shirts are verbally or physically assaulted and some fight back! Age doesn’t matter a 7 year old was verbally abused when selling hot chocolate to help fund “the wall”, teenagers in shoe stores, a military vet buying vape liquid in a convenience store got verbally and hysterically SCREAMED at, the list goes on and on and lets not forget the Covington kids. You may not know this if you watch fake news who undoubtably don’t report these attacks.

Now the OP implied the increase is caused by President Trump himself but it’s TDS that triggers the assualts and attacks.

Have not been able to find the paper (perhaps it is not published yet?), but the source of the data is cited and free available here. We lack a filter for location of Trump campaign rallies, but the type of crimes analyzed is apparent.

Using the Anti-Defamation League’s Hate, Extremism, Anti-Semitism, Terrorism map data (HEAT map), we examined whether there was a correlation between the counties that hosted one of Trump’s 275 presidential campaign rallies in 2016 and increased incidents of hate crimes in subsequent months.

We all know the demand by leftists for hate crimes way exceeds the supply, so the activists fake them. I bet the majority of these are hate crime hoax…

See Smollet and the way the left fell for him without question…

2 Likes

It’s really uncanny the way you describe Liberals. You are actually describing the president. It’s odd that you don’t see this.

Well, clearly the only solution is to do hate crimes.

2 Likes

Is it wrong to hate people that deserve to be hated?
Is it wrong to commit crimes against bad people like Batman does?

1 Like

You think Batman is real? Do you know what vigilantism is?

You gotta go Rorschach on their asses.

2 Likes

And no, this is not a supply and demand problem. Maybe you could argue economics in another thread.

You are arguing that hate crimes against those whom Trump rails against are triggered by the victims. Should we then conclude that attacks on MAGA hat wearers are triggered by the victims as well?

You live in an interesting world, in which aggressors always get a free pass!

Let me know when they publish their underlying data, until then, I am going to assume there may have been a rise in alleged and not proven hate crimes.

To be fair, world leaders throughout history have used this tactic and it’s worked perfectly for them. Trump just copied it.