Has Anyone Ever Been Unimpeached?

We’re not discussing impeaching a future president.

Try keeping up.

The power over impeachments is universal and omnidirectional.

If they choose to undo a preveous impeachment they have that power.

It doesn’t say “sole power over only current or future impeachments”.

Not even the SCOTUS would have the power to over turn such a resolution if they choose to pass it.

Why do you always do that? I never said future President and you know that. Stop misconstruing my posts into things or arguments I never said. Its lazy and disenguinous

2 Likes

If what he was suggesting was even a possibility, the dems would have done so at some point for Clinton in the several times they’ve held the house.

Not a one of them since that time have even one of them ever brought up the thought. Wonder why that is.

I didn’t.

You claim impeachment is irreversible which you cannot support with any fact or law.

The house has sole power over impeachments, if you are claiming their actions are irreversible then you claiming they only have authority over future impeachments.

Not that hard to see the game you’re playing here as you’re not very good at it.

They have sole power over impeachments period, The Constitution does not therefore limit them to current or future impeachments.

Mine was but a refutation to your still unsubstantiated opinion. You were the one who claimed it is possible without proof

Nothing unsubstantiated about it. The Constitution is Clear and So is the court ruling I cited.

If it is possible to unimpeach a President how would that affect the Senate impeachment trial’s verdict?

Procedurally, the act of impeachment is irreversible. The act of impeachment includes the vote on the Articles of Impeachment and concludes when the House of Representatives serves those Articles of Impeachment upon the Senate. The House of Representatives could reconsider and reverse an impeachment in the time frame of when they adopt the articles until just before they are served upon the Senate. Once served upon the Senate, the act of impeachment is both final and CONCLUDED.

If the House of Representatives changes its mind AFTER service of the Articles of Impeachment upon the Senate, its only option is to have its Managers go to the Senate and request the Articles of Impeachment be dismissed. Whether to do so or not is solely the prerogative of the Senate.

Impeachment is not a continuing condition that can be reversed. It is a single act that concludes upon service of the Articles of Impeachment upon the Senate. Neither the House that conducted the impeachment nor any future House may reverse an impeachment, once served upon the Senate.

3 Likes

There’s nothing in the Constitution that would prevent them from rescinding an impeachment in the future.

They have sole authority over impeachments period and the House gets to make it’s own rules, period.

Some people are having a hard time accepting that fact

2 Likes

There is no basis for claiming it is a fact.

Here is a possible scenario based on unimpeachment is possibility. A president is impeached in the House of Reps by one vote and found guilty in the Senate and is removed from the position of President of the USA. Before the next presidential election the House of Reps votes to unimpeach that president.

Is the Senate verdict null and void because the House of Reps has unimpeached the president? Who is the legitimate president or do you have two presidents? If the unimpeached president is the legitimate president is legislation signed by the replacement president legal? And so on and so forth.

The House vote would have no effect on the Senate verdict. The Senate would then have to decide for itself what to do.

More so than your theory. You cannot provide a single piece of evidence that shows a decision to impeachment is reversable. Theres literally nothing that substantiates your claim.

Being impeached is similar to being indicted. Once the decision is made it’s made

Wait. Now you’re trying to assert that a future House can nullify an impeachment decision even one that leads to a conviction?
9VrsRNeA0SHcEeos1h