Happy Tax Day to my fellow Americans!

Enacting policies that increase the deficit without reducing the spending makes them responsible for the increasing debt.

Republicans are never going to have 60+ seats in the near future. They have to make due with what they have.

Bold for emphasis

It does if what you gained in your paycheck over the year + your refund (or lack there of) doesn’t equal what you got in the previous tax year (pre-tax cuts)

I see a lot about tax cuts but no one addressed the absences of the tea party. Why were they hellbent on Obamas spending but eerily silent on Trumps?

How does it not dawn on you when you argue people who’s taxes were raised should be mad at Trump and Republicans implies people’s who’s taxes were cut should be grateful, and that since a large majority of people actually got tax cuts, it’s a losing argument for you?

They aren’t silent, the large protests were largely motivated by Obamacare and stopped shortly after it was passed.

Majority of americans got LESS of a refund hell some had to pay… Again why arent you up in arms about our deficit

Taxed enough already… Yeah ok

I am ready to join you in calling for government to cut spending any time, always have been, always will be. And our deficits are just that, a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

the last D president we had cut the deficit in half in teh years following the greatest recession since the depression.

k…

Yeah…I know.

The last D president gave out tax cuts, added UHC, and cut the deficit in half.

Then what are you talking about?

Majority of american’s also got a lot more of their own money through the year.

So that is really all you care about? The deficit be damned as long as your taxes go down?

OK.

Try selling that to the low info’s, he only cut the deficit in half after initially doubling it. And he added universal health care? When did that happen? And he sure didn’t lower my taxes.

2 Likes

He didn’t double it. The great recession didn’t start under his watch.

UHC - well, he started us down that path with the ACA.

Yes, he lowered payroll taxes for everyone.

Look at the post I was replying to.

You’ll get the context then

Thank you.

He did double it. Sorry.